Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161037 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2610
Probably going with the mini starter.... the bolts came out of the motor, so I hope they're the right ones... the bolts from the 3.8 were smaller.
what bolts belong on the flexplate? do these look wrong? I won't use them if they are..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2611
Those bolts don't look anything like the one's I have.They may work fine,I can't say. I ordered new bolts from Ford.had them the next day for $14.00 for the set.I may have an extra set if you need them.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2612
did your bolts have the slots in them too..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2613
Yes Sir. Do the ones in the pic you posted? It didn't look like it,but,I can't tell a lot. I personally have only seen one style,so,like I said,I honestly have no idea what else may work.I never was faced with it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2614
the bolts from the 3.8 were like that. I tried them first because they looked right. But the bolts were smaller diam. These bolts are what came out of the plate with the C6. since 1 was missing when I took it apart, I'm guessing they probably aren't the right bolts. I'm guessing that they should work. Any theory on this would help, before I bolt things together.. maybe they are old school? the motor come out of a pickup and the C6 came out of an older van...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2615
I'm hoping someone else will chime in.Now I'm really curious.I didn't mean to get any confusion started.LOL.

Reply #2616
Every flexplate I ever removed had the slotted bolt heads .
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2617
Maybe I should just buy some and not worry about it.
http://www.jegs.com/i/ARP/070/100-2901/10002/-1?parentProductId=744956
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2618
Those might not be the exact bolts, but you get the idea.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2619
Get them as a "just in case".

Reply #2620
Almost all the bolts on the motor are arp now. I think i'll get them and be done with it. I'll look for a starter too while I'm shopping for parts
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2621
We put a 5.0 in my friend's '67 Stang and installed this starter,from this company,two years ago,and it's still working perfectly.He was on a budget and this fit within the cost allowance.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUSTANG-1965-1995-289-302-5-0L-MINI-RACING-STARTER-/110595686418?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c0044012

Reply #2622
thnx for the link
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2623
No problem.Hope it helps a little.

Reply #2624
Flexplate bolts on the way...Mini starter on the way... engine leveler bought, and in the shop.... everything is going as planned so far. I'm hoping for a progress report by Wednesday... Stay tuned this week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook