Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160986 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2400
Quote from: Cougar8775;327220
ahh i see now what ya did. I should get the drawings from ya to use on mine. Cuz lets just say she will be getting alot more HP and toque thrown at her. And that 4 banger will be gone.

yell when you need it. I'll send it over to you
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2401
thanks. Its gonna be fall before i need it. I got to get another core support. cuz when i got the front apart again and found how bad it is. the pass side part of the core support was cut and welded back in and it pushed in to the center of the support bout an inch or so. But the 4 banger is out ad the 351W will be going in. So i have to stiffen the whole car up first.

Oh and what have you done to me!?!?!?!? Now im drinking molson canadians later today. Got my fridge full of it. And going to enjoy some fireworks too. But you have a good 4th! And everyone here!
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2402
Quote from: daminc;327192

A quick mock-up of the motor.

header clearance on the P-heads.
this side should make it ok

This side is going to be a little different.
I'm going to cut the 4th tube and move it above the rest of the tubes. There won't be any smog pipes along this side to interfere with doing this.... It's always something. lol

The FRPP GT40P headers that I have make plug changes sooo easy;).

Oh and don't forget a fuel pump block off plate for your timing cover.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2403
I found aluminum finned valve covers with no wording.Just like these,but only fins. Pull the vacuum port on the lower front above the driver side valve cover,tap the hole and plug it.It won't be used. Oh,don't forget to remove the front mold line on the upper.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2404
Quote from: vinnietbird;327489
I found aluminum finned valve covers with no wording.Just like these,but only fins. Pull the vacuum port on the lower front above the driver side valve cover,tap the hole and plug it.It won't be used. Oh,don't forget to remove the front mold line on the upper.LOL.

I was going to get a set too, but I couldn't pass these up for the price.
Yes Vin... I'll remove the lines next chance I get. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2405
Guys, There's probably a bunch of things I need to plug, cover and omit.. When I actually get to the putting together stage, I'll ask what needs to go piece by piece. Because I haven't got a clue what you guys a re talking about. Remember me?....I'm clueless about motors... lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2406
On the upper intake,you may need to cut a small little notch in the back side of the lip that the intake plate sits on for the "salt and pepper" shakers to hang from.Check a stock intake,and you'll see what I mean.I polished my intake and added the FPV emblem,and was just about to bolt it down when I realized I forgot to do that on this intake.I broke out the Dremel and handled it asap.How's everything else coming along?Anything I can do?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2407
Vinnie, if you were a few thousand miles closer, you'd be putting this thing together for me. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2408
That would make me happy.It sure felt good to install the roller rockers on mine tonight.I needed that.....therapy.

Reply #2409
A couple random pics while I was working on the car
One of my favorites. I like the look of the lower part of the doors without the moulding and chip guard. still needs sanding and buffing. I got some orange peel behind the rear wheel well

another under shot with the tank frame in the background

might be the last time outside. It keeps getting heavier every time I put more stuff back on. I almost couldn't push it back in the garage after the tank got bolted back on. lol I also washed the glass inside and out

still my original grille, and a lot of dust on a black car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2410
Lookin' Fine!

Reply #2411
I agree,I think it looks a lot better without the center trim om the doors.It's nice to just step back and look at it isn't it?

Reply #2412
Quote from: vinnietbird;328424
I agree,I think it looks a lot better without the center trim om the doors.It's nice to just step back and look at it isn't it?

It sure is nice. Especially after 2 years of rebuilding it. I may just mount it on a large piece of wood and hang it over the fireplace. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2413
Quote from: daminc;328388
A couple random pics while I was working on the car
One of my favorites. I like the look of the lower part of the doors without the moulding and chip guard. still needs sanding and buffing. I got some orange peel behind the rear wheel well

My T-bird has that chip guard. I've seen some cars with it and some without it. Does anyone know how many cars had it or if it was an option?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2414
Quote from: thunderjet302;328449
My T-bird has that chip guard. I've seen some cars with it and some without it. Does anyone know how many cars had it or if it was an option?

I think there are more cars with it than without.

are you dropping in some trim inside the molding?

good work on this cat, your a dying breed and they're not replacing you.