Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160969 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2370
I like it , personally I am a fan of the same size tires on all 4 for rotational purposes , But big and little is bad a** looking :D
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2371
Beautiful.....just beautiful (I only shed a few tears.......O.K.,I cried tears of joy).
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2372
Very nice!!  I so miss driving my Turbo Coupe! :(

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #2373
Looks good. I wonder how it would look with some polished 10 holes or drag style wheels? That car looks perfect, now get the motor in there so there isn't 6" of wheel gap.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2374
I really like the looks of that...............very nice !!!!
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #2375
 looks like i should of come up to have my brid in those pics. LOL. But ! i like the way the turbines look on it. I wonder what my tc would look like with turbines.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2376
I like it. I used to have white letters on 8 hole wheels on my T-bird.

Now with the Snowflakes I run black walls.

My almost 23 year old factory paint is not as nice as the paint on your Cougar. Sorry if it's not shiny enough;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2377
hey thunderjet302 whats the color code for that gray? I may paint the top half of my tbirf that color. But below the trim line it will be black.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2378
Quote from: daminc;326290
Hows this.... no wire wheels...................

These are actually the front tires... The rear tires are on back order till August. These are the 235s. I had to see what it would look like on one side at least. ;)
The rears are ordered.... I'm going with 255s , ,and also decided to go with the white letters. I'm trying to give the entire car that "Muscle Car" look. I think the white letters go pretty good with the entire look of the car... What do you guys think?  If I get bored with them, I can always flip them around to black walls...:D

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
I need a bucket to catch my drool! Those turbines rock on that Kitty!

Reply #2379
Quote from: Cougar8775;326358
hey thunderjet302 whats the color code for that gray? I may paint the top half of my tbirf that color. But below the trim line it will be black.

It's 91 Smoke Metallic. My paint code is 9Z Silver Metallic/91 Smoke Metallic Tu-Tone.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2380
That looks like shiznit!!LOL. I think I supplied about a 1/3 of the parts on it. Looking good Jerry.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2381
On a bird, I like the turbines, 10 holes and snowflakes. On a Cougar, I like the turbines and 10 holes. However, I am thinking on Jerry's car, I would like snowflakes too!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #2382
The turbines and white letters look great.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #2383
Quote from: FLSTCI71;326443
On a bird, I like the turbines, 10 holes and snowflakes. On a Cougar, I like the turbines and 10 holes. However, I am thinking on Jerry's car, I would like snowflakes too!

I have a set of snow flakes to, if he want's to swap out every week or two.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2384
I'm good kitz.
Someone should photoshop some snowflakes on to see what it will look like
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook