Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160961 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2355
Pauls car looks good, and I think the turbines with that size tire will be perfect on yours Jerry.  I would go 225/60 on the front though.

Reply #2356
But aren't Paul's 8" wheels? 255 may be pushing it on a turbine. But maybe not. You may be fine here's a link to tire rack, under the specs it should be ok.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?skipOver=true&width=255%2F&ratio=60&diameter=15&x=21&y=1
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2357
I had 255 s on a set of turbines and to me they did not look quite right , but they were also on a 86 stang convertible not a bird or cat:hick:
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2358
those stickers go on the neighbor kids honda so they can look fast :rollin:

Reply #2359
Quote from: hypostang;325907
I had 255 s on a set of turbines and to me they did not look quite right , but they were also on a 86 stang convertible not a bird or cat:hick:

I had 275/60/15's on a stock set of 7" wide 10 hole rims.  looked good.  Wouldnt want that for cornering but looked tough and was pretty decent traction in a straight line.:D

Reply #2360
wow, 275 is huge. That's like a truck tire..

Im pondering 225s for the front and 255s for the rears.... anyone know the actual size difference between them?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2361
never mind, I found my tire size calc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2362
Those rims in the picture I posted are stock 15 X 7 Ford 10 holes.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #2363
I got an old pic some place of it.  looked like a drag car...  I liked the look.

Reply #2364
use 235 up front. but keep the turbines not chrome or else.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2365
Quote from: hypostang;325907

I agree you have to have the right size tires or turbines just do not look right.

Reply #2366
Also, be sure the sidewalls are stiff or else you'll get a nasty swaying. Trust me on this.

Reply #2367
For Fathers day, I got a new camera... here's some random pics  I took with it.

The stickers are now on my tool cabinet

After my bead basting...

Found this while cleaning. The few parts of my car that had no rust. lol

So I mounted on my wall as a souvenir.

I found that if I catch the light just right, the vert looks awesome. lol... well, minus the missing side moulding and a few rust spots. ;)

and a couple random pics outside.

and the rest of the stuff that needs to go on the car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2368
Cougar is so black and the tires are so not black, they stick out, lol.  Wish I had that kind of room.
1987 TC

Reply #2369
Hows this.... no wire wheels...................

These are actually the front tires... The rear tires are on back order till August. These are the 235s. I had to see what it would look like on one side at least. ;)
The rears are ordered.... I'm going with 255s , ,and also decided to go with the white letters. I'm trying to give the entire car that "Muscle Car" look. I think the white letters go pretty good with the entire look of the car... What do you guys think?  If I get bored with them, I can always flip them around to black walls...:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook