Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160951 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2325
Oh,sorry,did I say that out loud? .....ummmmm....If it means anything,I felt the same way about my engine.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2326
Quote from: V8Demon;325387
What springs are those?

I'm kinda Un-knowledgeable about these kinds of things.... All I can tell you is they are Trick flow.... As for the rest of the parts in the motor...... All I can tell you is, the guy at the machine shop talked with me about what I was going to do with the car, and then he talked to the guys with Summit Racing, who then put together an entire rebuild package for me. which saved me about $1000 compared to me buying. everything separately on my own.I will have a list of parts as soon as I decipher the product codes from the sales slip.

All I know right now, is the block is .030 over, and decked with forged pistons and I-beam connecting rods. More info to follow later tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2327
Does it have that Comp Cams 35-308-8 roller cam in it? If so you've got the same engine that is in my T-bird;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2328
hey jerry i got an idea.. Ill come up we can install it in my car and put my turbo on it and i can test it out for ya to see how much boost she can handle.  LOL!
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2329
door glass and trim is back on. Still needs some cleaning, but at least it's back together again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2330
Quote from: thunderjet302;325437
Does it have that Comp Cams 35-308-8 roller cam in it? If so you've got the same engine that is in my T-bird;)

That's the one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2331
Quote from: daminc;325468
That's the one

I hope you build up the AOD a bit. I blew my stock one up;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2332
Quote from: thunderjet302;325474
I hope you build up the AOD a bit. I blew my stock one up;)

I got an AOD from a 89 SC Cougar. ;)
That should hold me for a while

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2333
That should work. As long as the trans is ok I'd throw a Bauman shift kit in and instal a trans cooler. It should last for a few years like that;)

Reply #2334
The car already has a cooler... And I'm not sure if I'm going to put a shift kit in it. These things happen as they happen sometimes, and I wouldn't even know where to start with something like that.. You motor building guys need to move closer to me.. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2335
For those who didn't see the mock up in the photochops thread.... Here's an idea of what it will look like. Talked with my friend about tires yesterday... Does anyone have a size suggestion for these turbines? Should I run the same size front and back? same width front and back? give me your input.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2336
On 15X7 turbines I think 235- 60- 15 look and fit nice:D
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2337
My 88 XR-7 was equipped from the factory with 225/60 x 15 BSW on the Turbine wheels.

Reply #2338
Quote from: hypostang;325649
On 15X7 turbines I think 235- 60- 15 look and fit nice:D

I ran the cooper cobra on them, in that size. I would of liked to have run 245's,but I wasn't sure how they would of been on 7" wheels.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2339
next question.... white letters on the tires or not ?

Keep them coming.... Here's a couple pics of what I've been doing.

Almost to where I like the way it's looking. A little more work and it will be done.

This will be next on my list of bead blasting.

Followed by these

And my next problem.... Whereto put these. I've never owned parts that came with stickers before. lol

Another shot of my new motor sleeping in it's copuppies.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook