Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160948 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2310
That looks good buddy. I can't believe how dark that black really is. The taillights actually look like there bright enough to hurt your eyes.

When you start motor work, your taking that whole front end off right?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2311
That's not a factory Ford black that I used. It actually reminds me of the black that Chrysler uses. Believe it or not, all blacks are not the same. I never liked the black that Ford used. I got a brand new black Ford Ranger that doesn't look as black as my Cougar.

And yes..... I'm taking the front end off to put the motor in. I only have a few bolts in it right now to kinda keep it in place.I also redid everything on the front end so I can use all new nuts,and bolts too. I got a deal on a couple hundred grade 8 nuts and bolts. lol. Seeing that the motor won't be going in for a while, I felt the safest place for all the front end parts were back on the car, so that's why it's together before the motor went in. Plus I really wanted to see it back together after the 2 years it was apart.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2312
Looking good :D

I think someone stole your gas tank.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2313
Quote from: daminc;323810
Sorry Bear, not right now. I'm going to drive it for a while. Maybe I'll let it go after I'm done with the restoration. unless you have a rust free 67 Cougar Vert for trade.;)

funny u mention that i am looking at one the old man just died and im trying to get his wife sell it to me but im trying to not be to pushy .;)

but  this one is a 68.blue n white
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2314
Quote from: BEARMAX;324062
funny u mention that i am looking at one the old man just died and im trying to get his wife sell it to me but im trying to not be to pushy .;)

but  this one is a 68.blue n white

I like 68s as much as 67s. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2315
I guess it's time to get back to this project.
picked it up yesterday

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2316
ooohhhh shiney new parts! Now that would look better in the car... Oh wait that would look good in my car lol.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2317
Now where are the acrylic valve covers? You can't put something as pretty as that underneath aluminum!
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #2318
I'm actually looking for some satiny looking aluminum covers with fins... Preferably with no logos or names on them. This should be fun. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2319
I run the same roller rockers. I picked up a set last year after I broke one of the factory stamped rockers when I was getting into the boost alot. :burnout:

Reply #2320
What springs are those?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #2321
I want to touch that engine....alone....in private..........
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2322
Quote from: daminc;325264
I'm actually looking for some satiny looking aluminum covers with fins... Preferably with no logos or names on them.

-werent the '85 Mustang 5.0 covers like this, IIRC?  or i may just be daydreamin'.  course they may not clear the rockers though......:mullet:
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #2323
Quote from: shorangerbird;325390
-werent the '85 Mustang 5.0 covers like this, IIRC?  or i may just be daydreamin'.  course they may not clear the rockers though......:mullet:

Sorta ,,, they were finned and said "Power By Ford"  they also had an opening on both covers unlike the 86 up where one is totally closed
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2324
Quote from: vinnietbird;325388
I want to touch that engine....alone....in private..........

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........:hick:
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.