Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160940 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2280
I am still foaming at the mouth over this car! I wonder if I will ever see mine look as good and be sound mechanically?

Reply #2281
Quote from: Cougar8775;323526
nice. Hey you know not to use those plastic keys! But hey it won't scratch the paint.

What plastic keys are you talking about? I didn't know they had them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2282
Quote from: daminc;323558
What plastic keys are you talking about? I didn't know they had them.

He is talking about the plastic emergency key that is in the trunk lock in the picture!

Reply #2283
That was a real trunk key in the lock. it had a plastic tag on it.  I didn't know they had plastic emergency keys.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2284
Quote from: daminc;323623
That was a real trunk key in the lock. it had a plastic tag on it.  I didn't know they had plastic emergency keys.

I should have recognized that plastic tag. I used to cut key that had the blanks attached to them.

There were some dealers and car manufacturers that offered credit card or plastic emergency keys that fit in your wallet.

Reply #2285
Oh that's cool.

Painting the rest of my stuff today. Pics to follow later tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2286
Oooohhh i can't wait! (rocking in chair with excitemet!)
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2287
The deed is done. pics in about 2 hrs after it's touchable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2288
Today's pics... I just set them there until tomorrow when they get bolted on.

Side trim that connects to the bumpers. I did both fronts in case I change my mind about the cornering lamps.

And finally... the mirrors. The last part that needed to be painted. I went with the body color instead of the matte black look that was originally on these mirrors. Maybe one day I'll find a perfect set of chrome mirrors. But I really wanted them to match the paint right now.

So there it is...... The car is totally painted, and ready to get put back together.
Of course I'll have pics of it back together... Don't you worry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2289
Black is beautiful. I can see myself in it.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2290
das' peeertty

Reply #2291
It's so beautiful I am going to cry!!!!

Reply #2292
Looks like my basp00get, shipping boxes and parts everywhere. You need to put the wheels on soon to make it right,oh yeh and a drive train. Looking good.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2293
Jerry,I said it once before about "Project Eevolution"..... It's an Evolution Rrrrrrrrevolution.......... Maybe that's bring back some old Saturday morning memories again.LOL.

Great work,Man. I'm amazed at the car now,as opposed to the beginning.How's the wife feeling about it?Is she excited? Gayle doesn't get too excited,but,she is a little giddy about the a/c going into the Sport. What's on the list for today?.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2294
She didn't expect it to look that perfect after all the welding I did on it. She's into the hotrod/muscle car thing, and I made it look very 80s muscle car.. She said she would drive it if I took it to the track, which I agreed because I would like to see it run without actually being in it.

I'm bolting the rest of the car together today (i think)

And here's the blast from your past again. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook