Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160935 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2250
Yea, I figure what's there to see down there. No sense in overdoing something you never see. and black fits into my color scheme anyway.. The AOD will stay silver to match other parts I have.

Not sure about the oil sensor though. I may connect it and see what happens when I get bored someday. but at least I have the option. Wasn't a bad score for $37. it's really heavy steel too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2251
My oil level sender has been great,even with the other engine.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2252
While I had a couple hrs today, I decided to build this for all the parts that need to be cleaned up and repainted. I used all s so far.

needs a few more parts before I can test it out, I think I actually have everything I need to finish it too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2253
niiiiiiccccceeeeee!!!!
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2254
Nice!  I've wanted to do the DIY Tptools kit one myself....some day.
1987 TC

Reply #2255
That's one of the benifits I have at work. I can blast whatever I want on my own time.

Reply #2256
I've been blasting some stuff, it needs some tweaking, but it's working great, I installed an exhaust vent out the back of the shop for it now. It's totally dust free inside the shop area.

Should be ready to spray the bumpers and side trim by this weekend if everything goes well......

On another side note of useless info..... Today is my anniversary of joining here in 2007. Remember how un-cool it was around here before me. lol J/K :rollin:

I also decided to keep all the chrome and not black it out on the car. I will be painting the mirrors black, the same as the body though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2257
Jerry you have NO idea how lame it was around here.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2258
Keeping the chrome will be a nice touch I think.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #2259
puttin stuff back together...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2260
Gotta love a red and black combo! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

Reply #2261
New door handles will be here on wednesday.. Then I can put the glass and the doors back together. Should also have more pics tomorrow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2262
Quote from: fluke;322896
Gotta love a red and black combo! :)

Oh yeah it's just great!

Reply #2263
put more stuff back together today
trunk... Yes, that's still the original spare under the cover. :D

sill trim. just noticed that the ford emblems are still attached.

Blacked out the trim around the front and back windows

I'll tackle this next. it's still not bolted in

And everything is sanded and ready for painting, but I wasn't sure if it was going to rain, so I didn't want to push the 87 outside without door glass yet. If it's nice tomorrow, I'll push it out and paint the bumpers and other stuff. If not, the door handles and glass will be in by next weekend, so the car will be sealed, and it won't matter if it rains or not.
That's all for today
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2264
Quote from: daminc;322970

I'll tackle this next. it's still not bolted in

Ah the dual automatic shifter! Love it! ;):rollin: