Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160927 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2235
yes, I'm pretty sure I have a load of them now. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2236
10-4
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2237
I posted a few teasers that will be in my motor rebuild on Vinnies thread.
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=27952&page=5
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2238
Here you go Vinnie. New stuff

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2239
Sweet.Is it ready to go or does it need anything?Do you have a cooler?I love my 5 speed,but,there are times when I wish I would've kept the AOD.Shifting doesn't bother me,but constant shifting (in this town,no choice) does bother me.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2240
I do have a cooler from the bird.
Going to probably need a diff torque converter I would imagine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2241
Ahh the SC aod, good choice.
Should be good for ya in stock form.
You can use the convertor but it will be better with a higher stall.

Reply #2242
Couple more new parts trickled in today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2243
what!! no chrome? come on with your plans you should have had a chrome pan or even polished.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2244
it's shiny... lol

Thats obviously the black part of my black and silver scheme. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2245
Nice pan.That's what mine looked like when I got it.I like Ford parts. Does yours have 3 drain plugs?Mine only has the front and side rear. I installed the rails down each side of the pan.Do you have those?

Reply #2246
I think it might be for a low oil sensor? didn't really notice that until you said something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2247
Duh !!! Man,I need to wake up (stayed up too late).Yes,low oil level sensor.Right.I have one and should remembered that.I'm going to wash and wax the car and get some fresh air..

Reply #2248
I was just guessing... lol.... I guess it goes both ways
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2249
Quote from: Cougar8775;321064
what!! no chrome? come on with your plans you should have had a chrome pan or even polished.

Try keeping a chrome oil pan clean ;)

I have a Ford blue pan like the rest of the block and heads.

Just a FYI. Don't use the low oil level sensor. The  things leak from the sensor as they age. I just pulled mine and put a plug in its place. The engine doesn't mark its territory with Mobile1 any more :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.