Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160925 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2205
Beautimous!
You did really good :bowdown::D
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #2206
Thanks for all the compliments guys. It was all worth the wait. Still need to spray the bumper covers, and sand and buff the car to that special mirror finish that I'm looking for.
Motor is in the shop being finished as we speak. everything still needs to be installed on the car.... fuel lines /tank... brake lines/ brakes.... entire interior needs to be cleaned and installed.... Exterior trim/ mouldings... mirrors... door glass and trim..... turbines/tires.... and the list goes on, and on. should be ready to drive by next spring. oh yea, I still have to finish the motor after I get it back, and connect up the transmission and floor shifter.... Talk about building a car from the wheels up. lol..... At least the tough part is way past me now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2207
I think I'll be able to finally get my car on the banner in another month. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2208
Hahaha I'm sure E-man would put it up for YOU no matter what. :D

Anyway Im a broken record but that looks awesome you can sure lay down paint you haven't even buffed it and it looks like a typical new car right off the lot if you ask me.

Even with the granny-spokes it still looks....good :o Maybe the paint is blinding me to the granny-spokes LOL. Bliiiiiinded by the liiight. Or lack thereof lol. Cause its BLACK. Not....white...so y'know there's less...light 'n' stuff...kinda more..blinded by the darkness really. But that doesn't really rhyme with "runner in the night". Some things are not meant to be known.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2209
LOL, I had to put the spokes back on. Just didn't seem right with out them. They'll be on there until next spring. maybe I should clean those tires up....(or paint them black)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2210
looks good Jerry, cant wait to see it cut and polished...

Reply #2211
At least tape the whitewalls before you paint them.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2212
I'll just paint new ones on too. lol

Here's the last of the showing off the car pics.... I'm pretty sure my camera is whipped, and probably full of over spray at this point.. lol
I took the car out for a little sun today.

Not really sure when there will be another update. I just have everything to put back on, and probably not worth taking pics every step of the way until it's finished..  So it looks as though the project will be coming to an end when it's back together. The motor install will probably be the last part of this projects update.. It's been a blast posting every few days or every week, so take care everyone, and I'll see you back here when either the car is put back together, or when I have news about the motor... ( I'll still be here, just not updating this thread like I was)

Jerry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2213
The paint looks great! Nice reflection! It's going to be strange not getting anymore updates though.

Reply #2214
it's still hard to believe what an amazing accomplishment this has been! I gotta come and see this paint job in person!

Reply #2215
looks good! hey i can polish up those tail lights for ya.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2216
So good to see that project on the finish line. My eyes can rest if I watch your car. So have a nice time putting it together!

Reply #2218
Quote from: Kitz Kat;318887
At least tape the whitewalls before you paint them.

YES come on now don't start cutting corners!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2219
I bet the neighbours cant believe it is the same car....  Cant wait to see that in person.