Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160923 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2220
Since your this far, have you figured tire size and stuff yet?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2221
Yo bubba! I was looking at your pics again ,It's so shiny it shows you need a new driveway,it shows all the cracks.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2222
Very nice,you did some real nice work with that car.:bowdown:
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #2223
Quote from: EricCoolCats;318971
I miss the white...sniff...

Oh Eric, white is so 1980s.. lol

Quote from: Kitz Kat;319007
Since your this far, have you figured tire size and stuff yet?

You mean there are diff sizes I can put on those turbines? What size should I put on?

Quote from: 1WLD BRD;319000
I bet the neighbours cant believe it is the same car....  Cant wait to see that in person.

The cars been in the garage since 2003. I don't think anyone knows I even own it. lol

Quote from: Cougar8775;318950
looks good! hey i can polish up those tail lights for ya.

They really aren't bad, just really sspoogemy after the last 2 years

Quote from: Chooglin;319030
Very nice,you did some real nice work with that car.:bowdown:

Thanks, I couldn't have kept the project going if it wasn't for the support of the people on this forum
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2224
Wow just Wow Jerry u really r the man. Every cat out there is wanting to be owned by u so they can look the same way:bowdown:

Reply #2225
Wow.  I'm really inspired man.:bowdown:

I'm still looking for my next project and that paint job is freaking amazing.  Makes me wish I had tried harder/done things correctly when I painted my cat.  It was my first paint job though.  Thanks for dospoogeenting the work.  I can't wait to see the vert go through the same process.;)

Some day I will corner you and pick your brain on how you did such an excellent job.  You should be super proud.
My car is a gravity hybrid.  The gasoline engine gets me up the hills, and gravity gets me down.

Reply #2226
Quote from: 88CougarGT;319071
Wow.  I'm really inspired man.:bowdown:

I'm still looking for my next project and that paint job is freaking amazing.  Makes me wish I had tried harder/done things correctly when I painted my cat.

Yeah I am certainly most inspired as well. Makes me wanna make sure I do my body and paint restoration thoroughly, especially the engine compartment and the sheetmetal under the fenders. I don't wanna just slap a coat of paint on and have what you can't see all nasty.

Reply #2227
I ran 235-60's cooper cobras, It would be nice to go 245 but not sure how the turbines would of worked with them.

Reply #2228
hey kitz dont be given all my secrets away bad enough it already looks like mine i might have to drive up their and key it if it looks any more like mine lol

Reply #2229
But, his is a V8,lol, well not yet.

Reply #2230
Quote from: Kitz Kat;319326
But, his is a V8,lol, well not yet.

Still at the machine shop..... I told him I'm in no hurry. It's going to be nice, that's all I'm saying right now. Everybody will have to wait patiently till I post about the new motor. And I'll just say this as a teaser..... I didn't skimp on the rebuild to go with the P heads.  :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2231
Hey Jerry,any new stuff going on?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2232
Sorry, there won't be much going on for quite a while. I have to paint the bumper covers and misc items like mirrors, side moulding, that piece of door window aluminum between the windows... Little stuff like that...
I'm guessing the motor should be done anytime now. I think I talked with him on the 9th this month, and he was ordering everything for the rebuild. He said it would be about 3 weeks for him to get everything done. I still need an oil pan, but I'll probably bolt the old one on temporarily to get it home without damaging anything underneath. I'll worry about that after I get it back on the stand. He's also painting it for me while he has it. Can't complain about that. lol

So todays update is....... No update today folks. Sorry, maybe next weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2233
No news is good news..i guess? lol
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #2234
I'll have the flywheel and block plate out this week Jerry.My fault,I've been pretty distracted.Do you have flywheel bolts?If so,good,if not,I MAY have some.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..