Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160924 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2175
LOL, we actually had a cowbell experience like that once. My cousin is the drummer for Cannibal Corpse, and about 20 years ago....our bands practiced in the same building... so  one day, his band was hanging out at one of our practices, when all of a sudden I hear, "Let me see your drums" (me also being a drummer). So we give our instruments to Cannibal Corpse, and they bang out one of their death metal songs using the cowbell that I have for those old rock songs we would play once in a while...
Long story short..... Got to be one of the funniest moment I ever witnessed. we were all  laughing so hard that they couldn't even finish the song......
anyway picture this song with a cowbell, you'll understand
Parental Advisory required
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8RnqT3dJEw
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2176
Kitz, you must have been busy sanding your own car.... Now you'll really have to stop down one day to see it.

RJ, You better be taking pics as you go.... And your welcome to stop over to check it out too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2177
And yes, the drummer is really my cousin... I also taught him how to play the drums, and turned down the job as sound tech for the band.
 (things you regret looking back in life. ;))
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2178
Whoa, that is AWESOME Jerry! They were in one of my all-time favorite movies, too:
"Ace Ventura: Pet Detective". The band got some pretty good camera time, two different scenes IIRC. That's a great story!

BTW, had you been the sound guy for CC you'd have lost your hearing by now...

Reply #2179
I love the fresh set of turbines!

Reply #2180
Did you just spray it out in the open like that? What about dust in the paint?

Reply #2181
I LOVE dust in the paint.When your hand itches,you can just rub the car.....all better.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2182
Quote from: daminc;318167

RJ, You better be taking pics as you go.... And your welcome to stop over to check it out too.

yeah I am taking pics, but nobody cares about it here LMAO.  the guys on TCCOA are fairly interested in it though.  As soon as I get my Passport I plan to make a trip over there buddy.:D

as for the dust concern, i doubt there is much concern....  I painted my '88 Bird in my backyard, under trees and didnt get one thing in the paint amazingly....  used the wrong reducer and too low of pressure on my HVLP gun and ended up with orange peel though LOL

Reply #2183
It doesn't really matter if there's anything in the paint. It's going to get sanded again, then buffed. There's a couple things that got in there, but they will be gone after it's finished.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2184
Did you redo those wheels, They look nice!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2185
Quote from: Kitz Kat;318415
Did you redo those wheels, They look nice!

Nope, that's your handy work.;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2186
I always did like them, like you said they aren't that  hard to keep clean. Every Sunday that was sunny they got cleaned. I got the spare yet in my trunk, you get it  for free. whenever we hook up.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2187
yippee...I forgot you had 5
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2188
More painting this weekend.... with more pics to follow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2189
Just getting caught up on this thread and I don't have much to add to what everyone else said except:

:jerry::jerry::jerry:

It really is beautiful.  You do amazing work and its great so see so much effort being put into one of these cars.
1990 Mark VII LSC
1990 Mark VII LSC SE
1969 Cougar 351W