Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160930 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2265
I take it you figured the the seat wires out, since it's in?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2266
Yo Jeddy....Nice work.Glad to see more progress.I'm home alone with the youngest for 3 days and hope to get a little work done as well.Maybe the dual power seats.......maybe not.LOL.Keep it up.The light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger......for this car.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2267
Nope, it's still the manual seat on that side. I'm putting the dual power in the vert I think. Along with all the auto light package stuff. There's more of a chance the vert will be out past dark anyway. the power seat will be better for longer cruising in that car too.. (I think.....)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2268
Went to the machine shop today.. the pistons were on back order, but they just got them yesterday. (they were actually made last friday). I dropped off the oil pan, timing cover, and balancer today with some misc other parts so they can put the motor back together... they were turning the crankshaft today, and machining the block next week so they can get the bearings and the rest of the parts for the rebuild... He said it will be done in about 2 weeks from today.  I don't have any pics, but the pistons were pretty shagy looking. He showed me how they float on the I-beam connecting rods when connected. I'm still not sure what that really means, but it was kinda cool to see what's going into the motor, and how it works, and connects together..

Also got my chrome door handles installed. So now I can put the rest of the doors back together so the car is waterproof again.
That's all I got today..........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2269
Rain or shine,I'm hitting the yard next week for your parts (and mione).Gayle is sick and I was taking care of here and housely cs and such.I will get your package to you next week.Even if it's just the flywheel and block plate.You'll need them. Where are the pics of the door handles mounted to the car? I have a few parts on the way that I bought on Ebay.Now the waiting game...I live that.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2270
It's still no rush Vinnie. I still have to clean, and buy some stuff in the engine accessory department..... Paint more stuff, install the fuel, and brake lines. and maybe install a new steering rack, or at the very least, replace the old lines on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2271
Replace the rack now.Don't install the old one after all of the work that's been done.They don't cost too much.Get the Sport rack.Better steering like the Turbo Coupe.The Sports and TC's had them (as did the XR-7).It's a lot easier to install with no engine in the car.Replace the outer tie rods as well........just my two cents (actually it was more like 7 cents).

Reply #2272
I'll probably replace it. the tie rods I have to see about. they were replaced the year I put it away,, but it's been sitting since 03. I'll have to feel that one out before it gets to move on it's own..

I'll be spraying the bumpers and mirrors and things this weekend for sure. The weather will be nice, so I can roll the car out and spray everything.

did I mention that the pistons were pretty shagy looking.. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2273
Vinnie, is that a 3 turn, or a 2.5 turn rack
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2274
2.5 I believe Sir.

Reply #2275
cool and do i see a california duster lol. i figured you would get one.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2276
Quote from: Cougar8775;323458

Got one in each vehicle and have been using them for years. I love the things. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

Reply #2277
new handle....Bad pic of it. Way to much glare for this old camera. lol

lock is back on the trunk again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2278
Quote from: Cougar8775;323458

We also got a big one for the floors in the house
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2279
nice. Hey you know not to use those plastic keys! But hey it won't scratch the paint.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com