Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160995 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2430
High holes....that's what the problem is. I didn't think of that.That's what I've had the issue with on these handles.NOW I can approach it from a better vantage point.THANKS. Looking good,Jerry.Build a room in the house and just keep the Cougar in there for display.I'm ordering the passenger side handle right now.I have the DS handle in the garage waiting.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2431
actually I had 1 handle from China that the hole was in the wrong spot for the pass door. And the drivers handle was from Taiwan, which bolted right in perfect. the drivers handle package had an inch of dust on it though when it came. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2432
Looking great there and I have enjoyed seeing the progress the entire way through!

Reply #2433
Oh, my, goodness.

I've glanced at the first few pages of this thread before, but never got around to reading 240+, now I just skipped to the end, this is the first I've seen of the nearly finished? product. Holy shnikeys. Your car is great looking and I can't believe it has "evolved" from what it was. Awesome. Just awesome.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2434
Quote from: sarjxxx;330209
Oh, my, goodness.

I've glanced at the first few pages of this thread before, but never got around to reading 240+, now I just skipped to the end, this is the first I've seen of the nearly finished? product. Holy shnikeys. Your car is great looking and I can't believe it has "evolved" from what it was. Awesome. Just awesome.

Then you probably missed the fun part where I replaced the front frame rails and rad support. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2435
I think I'm going to make a video slideshow of the work done start to finish, so new people don't have to actually read 250 pages unless they want details of what I did during the project.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2436
Quote from: Watchdevil;330203
Looking great there and I have enjoyed seeing the progress the entire way through!

Thanks, It's kinda sad that it's coming to the very end. But I've had a lot of free time now to do the things I've been wanting to do in the last 2 years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2437
Quote from: daminc;330236
Thanks, It's kinda sad that it's coming to the very end. But I've had a lot of free time now to do the things I've been wanting to do in the last 2 years.

If I ever near the end of my resto it might be sad too and I may have to find another project to work on! Funny thing is that I have worked on my car so much the past several months that I don't know what to do with the down time I have when I have to hold back until I can afford to do more. I wish that I had more skills than I do. A lot of mechanical stuff is going to have to be farmed out. I cannot rebuild or mod an engine although I can certainly replace anything that bolts on externally. I also don't have the tools and facilities to do a lot of stuff that I know I can do if I had those resources. Sometimes I feel like a complete wimp when I see what some of you guys can actually do for yourselves!

Reply #2438
got almost all my accessories and brackets cleaned up and painted for my motor. Pics to come this weekend. Header tubes for the re-route are on the way... This is going to be awesome. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2439
A few pics of what I've been working on.

new chrome trim

got my tubes to re-route the one tube in the way of my plugs.

blacked out the chromed badges and emblems. gives it that evil Marauder look. (Looks a lot better in person)
I stuck them on temporarily to see what they would look like.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2440
Lookin' good!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #2441
is that orange peel i see?
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2442
What did you finally decide on using for the chrome strip?  I'd like to replace mine when I have the car painted.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #2443
Quote from: Cougar8775;330955
is that orange peel i see?

yep :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2444
Quote from: jkirchman;330965
What did you finally decide on using for the chrome strip?  I'd like to replace mine when I have the car painted.

Found some old stock moulding....The box was very dusty and had a 1992 date on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook