Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160996 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2460
There was a plug that covers the dash gear selector. I had one in my other Bird. I see what you mean about the wood grain. Hopefully I have the other panel for you.Stay tuned.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2461
What's weird is, My car was always garage kept. Not sure when the fading occurred. then again, It might have never looked like the lower part
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2462
A couple pics for the weekend.

Just for you Vinnie. I did both sides.

Other news..... I measured the clearance of the header to tower area.. I should have an inch of clearance at the tightest point.. (if everything goes well)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2463
That sure is purty , but why is there not a 3G alternator ?
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2464
Quote from: hypostang;332023
That sure is purty , but why is there not a 3G alternator ?

Don't know of any reason why I would need one. If this one dies, then maybe....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2465
Fair enough, I changed mine as a preventive measure due to the threat of fire.
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2466
Thanks a LOT for tending to that mold line.....Now,c'mon and admit it....it made a world of difference and only took a couple of minutes....c'mon......say it.

The engine is looking great.You didn't use the studs for the a/c bracket that are water pump bolts/studs. I used those,but I'm not installing the steel bracket that bolts to the water pump studs and top of the compressor.It stays off. Again,VERY nice,and thanks again for removing the lines.That was really bothering me. I don't know why.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2467
Yea, Ok... it looks a lot better now. lol

Nothing is bolted on. It's all temporarily sitting there with just a couple bolts. there's a ton of bolts, brackets and studs to go on. I'll get everything painted up first, then it'll get put together after I get the rest of the stuff painted.. I'm pretty much done as of this weekend. Maybe everything will get bolted on for good next weekend.. We'll see. I still have to paint the dipstick tube and a few minor things though..
Now you can get a decent night's sleep, Vinnie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2468
No kidding.Every time I pop the Sport's hood and look at my intake,I think to myself...."did Jerry fix that mold line problem yet?".LOL.If you need anything,let me know. I'll do my best for you.

Reply #2469
You'll also notice that I removed the bracket from the side of the intake, and ground out the mold lines there too. You'll never have to worry again when you open your hood. lol
It's all good now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2470
Quote from: daminc;331629

I guess I need to blank out the gear selector on the old cluster.

Just paint black over it...

Reply #2471
vroom vroom,looking good.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2472
Quote from: Watchdevil;332249
Just paint black over it...

If I paint it, the color won't match. Better to make a cover plate using the same type of material
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2473
I still have the column shifter plus an AOD with an epoxy modded valve body. I can do full manual shifting with a column shifter. It's fun:hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2474
I thought about keeping the column shifter, But I looked at the overly rusted linkage, and just decided to can it all. Doesn't mater now, because I still have it in the vert,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook