Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160488 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #210
Quote from: daminc;217144
save up and get a MIG with no presets. I find I'm always setting it in between the numbers.

same here
I do TONS of mig welding at school, and its always in the middle. Im getting  good at it too, I just make thick beads
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #211
Here it is all ground down

Tried to get the light to shine down the panel

I coated it with pickelx to keep it from rusting until I do all the body work at one time.
Next to finish the rocker and frame
About 6 hrs between yesterday and today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #212
looks  good!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #213
Looking great :D

You know if you really like doing this come to Chicago. I'm pretty sure I could find you an 88 XR-7 that's rusted just as bad, if not worse, than your car was for $200 :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #214
Quote from: thunderjet302;217278
Looking great :D

You know if you really like doing this come to Chicago. I'm pretty sure I could find you an 88 XR-7 that's rusted just as bad, if not worse, than your car was for $200 :hick:

LOL.... NY has just as many, the 87 bird sitting in my driveway is about as bad. the back window leaked and the whole floor is rotted out,  Makes mine look good. not to mention the trunk wells were filling up with water. I had to drill holes in them to drain the water.

If the cars were worth something, I would make some money off rebuilding them, mabe in another 20 years. But I would be to old to care then (my knees hurt now). I'll have to hand that job down to someone younger on the board. LOL.... You want it?

I'm looking for another project after this one. I already have one in mind if its still available when the time comes. Might be that 70 cougar, that cougar1car is selling. I'll have to see, although my wife wants a 67-68 cougar
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #215
daminc, this is truely remarkable... thank-you for giving me hope for my Cougar X.

I must learn to weld :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #216
hope is the easy part, finding the rust-free panels are the hard part.

Welding is easy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #217
When you finish that, I have a real challenge for you:

Reply #218
Now,what kind of car was that??????????????????
Looks like it was sitting in what once was a river??????

Reply #219
LOL.. Well it looks like there's no rot, and all the pieces are there.
Dude, I can fix it. My dad's got an awesome set of tools, he's a TV repairman.

You bring it over, and I'll see what I can do. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #220
I think that *was* a 1947-ish Buick. Definitely GM whatever it is.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #221
Quote from: daminc;217384

Sure thing Spicoli.

I wanna see that one. Your work looks great.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #222
It's official, My wife and I will be going to Catjam. Fri-Sun morning. Made our reservations a few day ago. The bad news is, I will not be at the picnic until afternoon because we are also going to the dog rescue picnic 40 min. away in the morning. Hopefully I'll get to meet everyone at some point.
I'll be easy to find. I'll be the one without a cougar. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #223
Quote from: daminc;217384

Thank you Mr Spiccoli. ;)

Reply #224

Hahaha...Love that movie.
88 TC with 93 GT 5.0 (.030 over), XE266HR Compcam, SVO 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK underdrives, BBK 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhuast with Americian Thunder Flowmaster lers. Tremec 5 speed and 3.73's and alot of other goodies to list.....