Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160503 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #180
Beautiful fit.  Wish I could help.

Reply #181
my mark needs that, BAD but O well
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #182
Holy shiznit that's so freakin' cool!!!!! It just all fits togther like a GLOVE. That's so cool-lookin. Awesome.

Are those magnets meant for panels like this? Or are they from hard drives they look just like hard drive magnets, which, would make great magnets for this, those suckers are BRUTAL!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #183
LOL
I love my hard drive magnets, I had a bunch of used drives left over from my store. I was going to toss them, so I decided to yank all the magnets first. Glad I did now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #184
Yeah I kinda figured you either built your own PC and were into that as a hobby too kinda or were in the business somehow. Cool. Can't argue with it, works great obviously!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #185
Not a lot to take pictures of today.
Just a lot of undercoating to get off.
I did find some rust under the undercoating, but nothing to really worry about.

Here it is all bare, and a little burnt, (I used a torch)

I blasted it and gave it a coat of encapsulator, just like everything else.

Not a lot of change, but equally important.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #186
You can buy my mark for your next project as im prob never gonna be able to drive the  thing....
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #187
Don't Talk like that. Never give in without a fight.
A well thought out and cool, calm appearance, letting them know you knew it was a mistake before it even happened. can go a long way sometimes. Sometimes you just never know til you try.

Jerry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #188
Me make thread 'sticky' now...it's important enough.

WOW, that's a lot of work...

Reply #189
Hey, this is easy to find now.
I hope someone learns a little something out of all this, besides the importance of buying a car with a whole floor. LOL

I decided to weld the quarter on this weekend. So in order to do that, I decided to seal the seams I couldn't get to after the panel goes on.
This is what I'll be using on the whole car, mainly because it doesn't harden and crack. Real good stuff.

This was my main reason for opening the tube.

and since it was open, I also decided to seal everything I could with the open tube.
So here's a lesson in duplicating factory seams.
First, You need a seam. Here's a nice one to show.

Next tape it off on both sides of the seam, and apply sealer

Brush it in filling all the voids and leaving lines in it from side to side.
should look like this when done.

Then pull the tape off before it starts to set.
You now have a factory duplicated seam.

If your into show car restoration, this will look factory after it gets painted.

Now the bulk of the seams, which if you remember, were on the floor and inner rocker.
I wasn't real fancy with the welding and grinding for this reason.
after the floor gets sealed. Another coat of encapsulator gets put on. And then, if I decide to paint, the finish paint will go on.
And then on top of that the sound and heat mat.
Since I'm not painting it white again. black or a dark gray color will look good with the color I've chosen to paint the car. And I also don't need to finish paint the inside, because the next color of encapsulator is black.
All the seams that were welded got sealed, just in case of a pinhole anywhere. we don't want it to rust after all that work.
I brushed it on to smooth it out a little

Here's a view I hope I never see again

And a little sealer over the patch in the front

Now, i'll just let that set and finish welding my door jamb, and get ready for the panel.

A little closer every day.
30 min today, but sealed forever.
I know, that sounded stupid. but its my post. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #190
Hey,Jerry your Stoneage Bedrock Project has become a New Age Evolution Project with alot of sweat & growing pains to go with it also. Way to go dude :headbang: :cool:

Reply #191
What's with the frame hole???????

Reply #192
Frame hole? the one in the floor?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #193
Nahh I think he means up front in your subframe in that last picture.

STICKY!!!! Woohooo now youre in the cool-peopls's club. All ya need now is a Members Only jacket!

Reply #194
Oh, behind the front tower
I have to pull the motor for that one, its coming
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook