Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160984 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1890
I'm getting a little tear in my eye........in a manly,car guy sort of way.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1891
Quote from: vinnietbird;307650
I'm getting a little tear in my eye........in a manly,car guy sort of way.

LOL, I'm sure it's just allergies or something like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1892
Yeah !!! Allergies....that's right .....That's what I meant to say....yeah,THAT'S the ticket.....
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1893
Are you putting the motor in before or after paint?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1894
after. the car is getting painted in pieces anyway. (fenders, doors hood, trunk)

I have to prime it and block it while everything is installed, so I know that it is all flat and matching when you look at the car. (mainly down the side)
Then I'll take it all apart again, paint the car, jambs, and roof, then move on to the backsides of the trunk lid, hood, and doors. I'm going to hang the doors before I spray the outsides of them, just in case.  By then the motor should be about ready to put in. I can paint and install the rest after.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1895
Looking good!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #1896
Today was very very dusty.
Almost ready for the next primer coat.
It's amazing what you find, when you use top of the line sanding blocks over others.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1897
wow you had alot of high spots on there. but its looking good.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #1898
Quote from: Cougar8775;307799
wow you had alot of high spots on there. but its looking good.

Wish I could do all the work like this on my own. Hey the Turbo hood is going to look great on that car.

I have been working on interior stuff with the cold damp weather I have had here lately. I really need to progress to the mechanical stuff. I have so much to do. Body and paint work will be last.

Reply #1899
Primed again!
It's grainy because I have to shut the flash off, or the car glares to much and you can't see it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1900
Uber sweet.Jerry,I can speak from experience,it's been a long road.I remember how I felt when I was FINALLY at a point where I actually did FEEL that I was really getting somewhere. Even though I had done a ton of work,it just didn't feel like I was moving forward.Once I drove up and saw the Sport sitting outside with fresh paint,it was as if the clouds parted,the sun was shining and the angels were singing.I'm proud for you.Keep it going.

Reply #1901
Holy ! NICE!

Reply #1902
Are you sure about black for the color? A dark maroon or blue would really look appealing on that car... ;)

Reply #1903
Quote from: EricCoolCats;307884
Are you sure about black for the color? A dark maroon or blue would really look appealing on that car... ;)

that red interior for making the exterior hard to match....
I was thinking about maybe a pearl on the black. Then I could get a maroon tint on it. (or something out of the ordinary)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1904
Looking good. Makes me wish I had a heated garage so I could get my Cougar all purdied up and ready for paint.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost