Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160985 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1905
Remember how ya said my cars interior reminded you of yours Jerry.
Black exterior and red interior is the way to go man.
Black will look a mile deep when finished, a deep red pearl in the clear would be sick though.
Ford has a color on the Harley f150,s called lava, might want to check it out at the dealer,it's a sick color.

Reply #1906
looking great !!!! I am still amazed at how much patience and skill you have,to be able to do this and not get burned out.

I am curious about the hours you have in this...........any idea?
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #1907
Quote from: Chooglin;307918
looking great !!!! I am still amazed at how much patience and skill you have,to be able to do this and not get burned out.

I am curious about the hours you have in this...........any idea?

I stopped keeping track of my hrs last year when I got the rear end for the car. That's when I knew that it was going to go way past what I originally had planned for the car. If you remember....I was just going to fix the rust. LOL

I think that the hrs up till then was something like a month and a half of working. Something like 250 hrs. Since then, I figured I probably passed that amount this year.
So, if I was actually paying to have this done.. I would be in the neighborhood of about $25,000 for labor alone. Add another 3 grand for supplies, parts, tools, and gas, and electric to do the job.

I figure the total restoration for a shop would be almost $40,000. If anyone want's to buy it, I will take $35,000 for it. :hick:
Anyone?

And to answer the burned out question... I have fun doing this, so I don't really get burned out doing it. It's actually relaxing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1908
Quote from: dominator;307917
Remember how ya said my cars interior reminded you of yours Jerry.
Black exterior and red interior is the way to go man.
Black will look a mile deep when finished, a deep red pearl in the clear would be sick though.
Ford has a color on the Harley f150,s called lava, might want to check it out at the dealer,it's a sick color.

That's why I wanted to go black this time around. My last car (before this one) was a 78 Monarch, black with red interior. I put a couple of months into that paint job, and it was a flawless black mirror finish.
I'm hoping this car will be better then that.
Still thinking about a pearl though. I need to find some different samples though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1909
Quote from: daminc;307920
So, if I was actually paying to have this done.. I would be in the neighborhood of about $25,000 for labor alone. Add another 3 grand for supplies, parts, tools, and gas, and electric to do the job.

I figure the total restoration for a shop would be almost $40,000

Sounds about right to me man...for how rotted away it was. Surely old cars rusted even further have been repaired throughout the years, I've seen before and after pics of muscle car restorations etc and similar figures quoted. Definitely a big deal...a testament to the magnitude of this project!!!

Are you even going to drive this thing a lot? I think I'd be scared shiznitless. If anything happened......what a shame that would be. Just to think that all that work could be mangled in an instant. I try to NOT be a cynical person most of the time like that, I'm really not. But sometimes I can't help it. *Harrison Ford as angry Indiana Jones* "It belongs in a museum!!!!!!" :rollin:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #1910
Quote from: daminc;307920
If anyone want's to buy it, I will take $35,000 for it. :hick:
Anyone?

will you take a check? :rollin:

Reply #1911
I can't believe u r still working on this wow... Keep it up! and Lucky.. I wanted black ext and red int.. when I had my cougar lol. :-p
.: Lastest :.

Reply #1912
A really dark burgundy wine color with metal flake? Dark enough that in the sunlight,it looks burgundy,at night it looks black.My blue Bird was like that.Dark and different.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1913
I'm tellin ya man ,look up ford's LAVA for the Harley f150.
You'll love it,it looks black but in the sunlight it has a deep deep burgandy effect. .

Reply #1914
Lava....I dig the lava.  Maybe this will be the color for my mustang.
My car is a gravity hybrid.  The gasoline engine gets me up the hills, and gravity gets me down.

Reply #1915
Looks really good Jerry.

I wish I had the room to get into something like this myself.  Then again, who's to say I won't within the next couple years.  I'm planning on painting the XR-7 myself eventually, so we'll see.

I agree on perhaps some pearl or something in the black.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #1916
Are you certain it needs to be black?  I tried to add some big metal flake (BMF ftw!).
X
My car is a gravity hybrid.  The gasoline engine gets me up the hills, and gravity gets me down.

Reply #1917
Looks REALLY good !!! wow what a job you have done there. Wish to work with my own car too but can´t do it right now. It´s -12F Outside and garage was 3F. :D

Reply #1918
Quote from: EricCoolCats;307884
Are you sure about black for the color? A dark maroon or blue would really look appealing on that car... ;)

House of Kolor:  Candy Brandy Wine

-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1919
I think I'm going with a pearl on top of the black. I already have the black urethane, so I can easily add a pearl mid coat and then clear it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook