Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160994 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1920
Do something different, already got black with red interior, It's nice, But. This is the only chance to make it unique.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1921
That Harley color on red, was I thought for mine a while back, also the dark black cherry from mopar. Black and red always go together though. That black Cat I gave to my buddy that you have the pics of , that thing is still beautiful. Just wish it didn't have the six.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1922
Jerry, the work u have done is just amazing! No matter what color u chose  the cat is going to look great and the fact that u did it all is something most guys and gals can't claim. Great work . Now whats going to be ur next prodject after a well deserved break. Maybe something for the D.R.N.A give those little dogs a cool ride. lol

Reply #1923
Well, we're not done yet...
The vert is going to be the next project.......

High build primer today

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1924
Are you starting to get that goose bumply,tingly feeling yet?I did when paint time was near.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1925
 I'm excited for ya.  Lots of blood, sweat, and tears are about to come to fruition.  Keep the pics coming!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #1926
Looks like you're on the homestretch now.  I can't wait to see it done.

Thanks for all the updates!
1990 Mark VII LSC
1990 Mark VII LSC SE
1969 Cougar 351W

Reply #1927
oh, do I remember the days.
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #1928
Oh yea, a lot of sanding started today. My elbow is killing me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1929
Jerry,what's the ETA on the paint application?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1930
Hard to say right now since I'm doing this between jobs. I may have it flattened by this weekend, so I can spray it with primer again, then start blocking it with 500-600, but it will need to be re-sprayed and flattened again first . Then it comes apart again.... I'll seal it with another coat of epoxy right before it gets paint. I'll be painting it in 2 stages. the back sides of the hood, trunk, and doors will be painted along with the remaining body, roof, and door jambs. then the doors will go back on, and they will get painted along with the outsides of the fenders, trunk, and hood.
It may be another month of blocking before it gets paint.... It has to be better then perfect for black paint. I'm still finding a few high and low spots on the passenger side of the hood, and a couple on the trunk lid so far. the roof is great, but I'll finish the rest of the car, so I know where I have to spray more high build, and sand it again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1931
A couple progress pics.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1932
How long til paint?

Reply #1933
Quote from: vinnietbird;308232
How long til paint?

LOL.... refer to a couple posts back
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1934
My bad.I wasn't paying close atention.I've been really distracted lately.....more than usual.Uncommon for me.