Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160997 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1950
Weeeellllll,there is ONE thing that's pretty sacred with me....................
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1951
this line is something i have never really liked about our cars.  that metal piece seems to be some odd ball after thought.  why not fill it in?

on the rear where the window trim meets the line, i filled will clear silicone so the rain water does not get underneath the window trim.

those of us white paint hate the black runs that result from a fresh cleaning,, use to piss me off.

project coming a long good man, i look and learn ,,, then look back and understand what i did wrong.

this whole prime process has learned me a thing or two.  the stages of prime / sand is complicated to plan. 

at any rate, from what i see here,,, i would have been ready to shoot paint,, and yet there is more sanding and priming to do.  what a freaking project !!!! never been done here like this before, lessons for everyone.

Reply #1952
It's close to paint. I got a few low spots here and there that I will shoot with primer and re-sand flat. then I can re-prime the entire car and jump to blocking it with 400 grit, then 600 grit. then it will be ready for paint.

for an update........
I have been blocking the car using 180 grit to flatten all the panels.. I haven't been taking any pics because they look the same as the last ones I took. I'll post more when this step is finished. I got a few more areas to do. They should be done today and ready  to spray the lows again. there are probably only about 10 small spots that need re-blocking before I re-prime the car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1953
Quote from: daminc;309886
It's close to paint. I got a few low spots here and there that I will shoot with primer and re-sand flat. then I can re-prime the entire car and jump to blocking it with 400 grit, then 600 grit. then it will be ready for paint.

for an update........
I have been blocking the car using 180 grit to flatten all the panels.. I haven't been taking any pics because they look the same as the last ones I took. I'll post more when this step is finished. I got a few more areas to do. They should be done today and ready  to spray the lows again. there are probably only about 10 small spots that need re-blocking before I re-prime the car.

These are the steps where all that hard work pays off,If you have any doubts that something isn't perfect keep working it till it is as a mistake here will stand out like a sore thumb.

I cant wait to see this car in paint.:bowdown:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #1954
Jeddy,I think I may get a little emotional when it's all painted and assembled.I remember when mine was painted a year ago,after driving it and working on it for so long,it was beautiful,but almost "not right".I've adjusted well,though.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1955
it's sanded.......

....... and primed again....(feel I've been here before)

Time for more sanding.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1956
Jerry,did you see the NOS red headliner in red in the classifieds?NEW !!!

Reply #1957
Mine is as perfect as the day the car was built. Like the rest of my interior. Could you imagine the money I could make if I sold it.

I'm sure no one remembers what the inside looked like. Here's a refresher... it needed a little vacuuming.

And the trunk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1958
If it was Black I'd buy your interior.......even if you didn't want to sell it.

Reply #1959
You Cougar is certainly coming along... It gives me hope my Bird will finally get to that stage!

Reply #1960
Gonna pick up some TC Interior door panels jerry????

Reply #1961
Quote from: dominator;309951
Gonna pick up some TC Interior door panels jerry????

Nope, I'm keeping these on this car. I can at least say that the interior is all original. ( well mostly. I put a floor shifter and full console in) lol.... Got to keep something from the original car.
I'm changing the panels on the vert. I already have them ready to install
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1962
Are you going to run a full digital dash?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1963
Quote from: thunderjet302;309967
Are you going to run a full digital dash?

I got one I can put in
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1964
Quote from: daminc;309968
I got one I can put in

I'd do it. I love mine. It gives the car a high tech 80's feel:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.