Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160970 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1860
There are a lot of theories about it on the web, but I haven't found anything that is a definite answer about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1861
From all I have read,YYY and XXX are roller blocks.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1862
People also have claimed to not have roller blocks too...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1863
Well,just because it's a roller block,doesn't mean it has roller parts inside.I've seen some trucks with flat tappet lifters,inside a roller block.The mounting bosses for the roller lifter "spider" were there.

Any plans today for the Cougar,Jerry?I'm hoping to swap out the motor mounts....and maybe the tranny mount if it looks bad.I'll check it while I'm under there.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1864
Nope, had to work to make money to fund this multi-million dollar project I started 2 years ago. LOL

and the XXX YYY is still a mystery. I read tons of ideas on why they are there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1865
You all worry to much!! Getter done.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1866
No worries here.Just working on the Sport.Do the same Jerry.Rock on !!!

Reply #1867
Nice fenders.:D

Is that appropriate to say?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1868
Today I sanded the fenders and did a little filling.

To start off... I broke out the new supply of Dura-Blocks

next is the sanding and filling

So tomorrow, I have to bolt the entire car back together to make sure everything still lines up. then it will be time for the 2K primer, and a whole lot of blocking until it's ready to paint. Hopefully the priming will happen on Sunday

Here's where we ended up today

Finally.... The car is going back together. I've been waiting 2 years for this day, even though it will have to come apart 1 more time for the finish paint. I can see a light at the end of a long dark tunnel.:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1869
ok guys thanks for the info and the car is looking realy good. i hope when i start mine it comes out as good as yours is
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

Reply #1870
That car looks so shagy, with them wheels!! Black with turbines will look bad ass. can't wait to see what going in to it under the hood!
I know I had some part in it. Good Job Bubba!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1871
WOO-HOO.......Awesomeness !!!!! You should be ready for paint real soon.I'm proud for you.

Reply #1872
Ah Vinnie fix your vibes,lol

Reply #1873
Thanks, It won't be anything awesome under the hood. Just a H.O. motor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1874
Can I change your mind? I'll be close to you in 2 weeks?