Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160964 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1845
I got a set of finned covers, I got from Vinnie, if you interested. I couldn't use them on my setup.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1846
Every little thing you do is one step closer to getting it all together.I'm getting close,just no friggin' time.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1847
Quote from: Kitz Kat;306806
I got a set of finned covers, I got from Vinnie, if you interested. I couldn't use them on my setup.

which covers are they? I'm sure I probably saw them before you got them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1848
Here they are on the engine before I installed the COBRA covers....

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1849
I guess they would match the intake.. Why couldn't you use them, kitz?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1850
I'd take them back if the price was right........super cheap.LOL.

Reply #1851
To much lift in my valve train, a few rockers were tapping them. I didn't feel like clearing them at the time, so I just put my chrome one's back on. Vinnie's pick are them.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1852
I actually like those better than my Cobra covers.

Reply #1853
I liked them to, but I didn't want to butcher them up, I'll use them somewhere, but if Jerry could use them at least I know they will go to a good home.lol

Reply #1854
I do think they would look good with what you have planned,Jerry.If you're going natural aluminum (clear coated natural),you could always bead blast the covers and clear them to match.

Reply #1855
Ok, kitz.... Hit me with the price... (You can PM me if you want)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1856
Quote from: daminc;307018
Ok, kitz.... Hit me with the price... (You can PM me if you want)

Wow,when I read that,I had an '80's flash of Pat Benatar singing "Hit me with your best shot".......Blast from the past.LOL.

Reply #1857
Sorry Vinnie, I didn't mean to have that happen. lol
... And hell is for children....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1858
.....and love is a battlefield......

Reply #1859
ok i seen the xxx on the block and would like to know what that means. when i had to replace my gasget their i seen mine had y's their. and what do they mean?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily: