Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160939 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1770
Depends on the bits you have for me. lol

Yes explorer intake. Not sure if the headers I have will work yet, but that's not a big deal right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1771
Which headers do you have?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1772
no Idea
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1773
I still have the engine from mine if you need it. It's missing the cam and lifters, sold to somebody here. It ran great 111,000 miles on it, but it is an SO.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1774
Quote from: daminc;303579

I guess spellchecker doesn't correct stupidity, just spelling.... :rollin:

my spell checker has never worked on here
says i need to download iespell checker.

Reply #1775
Quote from: Kitz Kat;304837
I still have the engine from mine if you need it. It's missing the cam and lifters, sold to somebody here. It ran great 111,000 miles on it, but it is an SO.

I'm forging ahead with this one, We'll see if the shop say's it checks out good for a rebuild. if it doesn't. I'll be over to get it. ;)
who knows. Maybe I'll rebuild it for the vert so I don't have to be without a motor in it. still have a set of E-7s and a stock HO intake and cam. We'll have to talk about that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1776
Quote from: jcassity;304844
my spell checker has never worked on here
says i need to download iespell checker.

Mine is built into my Mac. :D works in any app, all the time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1777
Today's fun.
If you don't take something apart, you can't put it together. (more words of wisdom. lol)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1779
All hail the engine-ness!

Looks pretty good, is that the original from the '87?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #1780
Don't really know, I can't locate the Ser.#s on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1781
XXX block.Like mine (current engine and the one in the garage).Nice roller motor.Good to go.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1782
Oh boy a real flat top. But a roller. Save that pic so everyone knows what a flat top is.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1783
You can tell it was sitting for a while. You really love the old stuff! lol

Reply #1784
Yea, it didn't get a lot of use for the last year, did it.. And my stuff is as old as everyone else's stuff. :D

And yes, they are pretty flat  on top. lol

So not to be a dumb ass.... What makes this a roller block? I searched for pictures all over the net to show me the difference, And I didn't find one pic that showed anything. A lot of talk about them but, no pics.

I'm also going to take as many pics as I can while it's going back together, to help anyone that needs to see what goes into rebuilding a motor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook