Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160952 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1800
Does anyone know where to find the stamped ID # on a block?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1801
Hey very good !!
well well well I'm also repairing my car,
a bit of metal work until at last able to paint it

Good luck with your work.
Greetings to all

Reply #1802
Welcome, I feel privileged that this was your 1st post.

Post up some pics of your car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1803
better be careful jerry, that primer will grow on ya,......lol jk ,. lookin goood man,, thought itd be done by the time i got back on here!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1804
The vert, and building a shop slowed me down a little bit. but I'm in no hurry now that I have another cougar to drive around. It takes the pressure of wanting to cut corners to finish it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1805
Todays update
Got the heads back from the shop today

Took the rest of the motor apart

and started cleaning up the intake.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1806
There's some serious stretch going on in your timing chain.  Good thing your tearing it down, you would have had a hell of a time timing the engine.
My car is a gravity hybrid.  The gasoline engine gets me up the hills, and gravity gets me down.

Reply #1807
Quote from: 88CougarGT;306306
There's some serious stretch going on in your timing chain.  Good thing your tearing it down, you would have had a hell of a time timing the engine.

I'll say..... I can almost take the chain of the gear without pulling anything apart. :hick: No wonder this thing was running like a scared rabbit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1808
So,what are the plans for the intake?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1809
what do you mean?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1810
are you painting or polishing it?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1811
Neither, I'm keeping it a satin finish. Then I'll satin clear coat it. All the aluminum will be done the same to match the silver paint that is under the hood. the motor will be black, and valve covers will either be stock covers painted black, or eventually I'll get some finned to match the intake. the grooves of the upper will be satin black to match the motor and the accessory brackets, hood hinges, and stuff like that.  the top cover plate, depending on what I put on there will also be silver satin and black. which reminds me.... I need to find another one of those. this intake only has 2 holes for the cover to attach. The search for parts never ends..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1812
I made my own intake plate from a piece of s aluminum.It's smooth and polished.I like the look.I like your ideas for the engine.You should have it done by next Friday shouldn't you?LOL.

Here's mine.I have "Cobra" valve covers on it now (the new engine won't).Also,the small area where you can tell I cut off the little cable appendage on the finned part of the intake will be gone.I'll "re-fin" those little spots.The intake plate is somewhat visible.It took about 15 minutes to make,and about 30 minutes or so to polish.

Reply #1813
depends on the chain cover. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1814
Get an Explorer cover for it, I have one and loved it