Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160936 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1740
Quote from: baxo;303421
I think everyone does that, whoever is proud of their work. Whether it's a car or not. You've got do be  proud of your accomplishments!

so get off yer ass and get to work on the Vert.....  :D

Reply #1741
I think everyone does that, whoever is proud of their work. Whether it's a car or not. You've got do be  proud of your accomplishments!

I agree.After I wash the Sport,I like to just sit back and look at it,and I always think to myself "I built that myself",then I think about all of the thought and effort that went into it.It feels really good.And to think,it was two days from the crusher.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1742

Well said.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1743
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;303518
so get off yer ass and get to work on the Vert.....  :D

Oh trust me, I would love to, I'm dying to! But I have a  house to finish first haha.

Reply #1744
Yeah, I mean, why does a house have to get in the way of important projects?
1987 TC

Reply #1745
Haha well it had important reasons but those reasons no longer exist but since I'm not a quitter i decided to finish the house.

Reply #1746
Quote from: daminc;303500
you could learn how to spit atoms if you wanted.

who "SPITS" atoms,I have heard of splitting atoms,but never spitting them............................lol.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #1747
Quote from: Chooglin;303578
who "SPITS" atoms,I have heard of splitting atoms,but never spitting them............................lol.

I guess spellchecker doesn't correct stupidity, just spelling.... :rollin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1748
Ok, I had to put them back on. Looks a lot better now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1749
Oh OK, that's how you get the energy to keep pluggin away on this thing...lots of PEPSI!!!  lol.  So you are going with turbines for wheels right?
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #1750
You should submit this into a magazine when it's all completed. Very good work so far. Keep it up!

20006 Ford Fusion SE

Reply #1751
so have you asked for the cars forgiveness for cutting it up and replacing almost every  square inch of metal?
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #1752
No, I figured I gave it a 2nd chance in life
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1753
Dropped the heads off at the machine shop today. next week the motor will get torn down. seems to be a block from a truck with standard  output stuff on it. possibly from a van. I just noticed that the oil dip stick is facing sideways pointing towards the front of the motor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1754
Pic of the dip stick.They are supposed to be curved towards the front.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..