Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160932 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1755

The one on the 85 doesn't have that much forward bend to it.
I remember my 88 E-250  pulled out forward like that
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1756
I want a blue PS pump! :D Didn't even think about painting mine while it was out...
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #1757
Quote from: daminc;304307

The one on the 85 doesn't have that much forward bend to it.
I remember my 88 E-250  pulled out forward like that

Nope that's factory on 5.0 EFI T-birds and Cougars. Mine looks just like that but bent slightly to clear the GT40P headers.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1758
Wow, thats just crazy then. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1759
It could've been swapped from the old engine as well.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1760
May have missed it, but is it a roller block?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1761
That will be next weeks surprise. We should place bets
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1762
I'll bet a dollar it IS a roller engine.Now,no more delays,pull the intake !!!! It'll take you 5 minutes.C'mon,you know you are curious as well Jerry.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1763
I am, really...... But 'm taking from today till Monday off to do nothing. I haven't had 5 min to do nothing since labor day. I'm just watching TV and surfing the net. (and snacking)
I even got a new set of duro-blocks for the sanding on the car, but it will wait until next week.

I vote........ That I don't really know what a roller engine is.....lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1764
OOOOOH,I see how it is.It's ALLLLLL about you.O.K.....Alright....Yeah...I see......"Jerry needs "me time"....O.K......LOL.LOL.

Seriously though...A roller engine will have roller lifters when you pull the intake.You'll know immediately when you see the retainer bolted (two 10mm bolts) in the center of the valley holding down 8 "dog bones" which keep the lifters from turning,because the lifter's wheels have to stay in line with the cam.If you pull the intake and see nothing but block,no roller.Yes parts bolted down...roller.

Reply #1765
Ok, I'll have to learn how to take the intake off first.
I'm not the one taking it apart or putting it back together anyway.... Aren't you glad.. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1766
lol looks like im gonna have to make a trip up to rebuild your engine huh lol
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #1767
Taking it apart is easy.If you see a fastener,remove it.Keep repeating that process until there are no more fasteners.

Reply #1768
I'll give that a try on monday. I have a wrench
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1769
Those are the easiest instructions I could give.LOL.I always bag and tag everything.Are you using the Explorer intake?What headers and other bits are planned?