Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160528 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1455
believe it or not. orange cleaner/degreaser will take a ton of that off too. It worked on my MC when I was cleaning the engine compartment. (came our shiny), but I'll probably use something Like trailer bright for aluminum.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1456
I cleaned mine and painted it. A polished EFI intake is a PITA to keep clean;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1457
Jerry, Are you talking about the Orange Blast degreaser stuff ? Because It does clean up aluminum really nice man. :poke: :headbang:

Reply #1458
Quote from: thunderjet302;280444
I cleaned mine and painted it. A polished EFI intake is a PITA to keep clean;)

I'm thinking brushed and some polished areas

Quote from: mercury-man

Jerry, Are you talking about the Orange Blast degreaser stuff ? Because It does clean up aluminum really nice man.

The Zep orange cleaner from Home depot.
the purple stuff will work too. Had it disintegrate the paint right of the hood hinges, down to the epoxy primer. Strong stuff....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1459
Nice 83 console, hard to find item.
One 88

Reply #1460
How did the intake box hold up?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #1461
Quote from: DVP;280521
How did the intake box hold up?

Everything held up great, Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1462
if you were smart, you'd not forget to c00ch up a bag full of those slip on screw clips.  i woud kill for a couple of them several times a year on a lot of things not even car related.

i have to make on everytime out of a piece of sheet metal bent 180 and then make a hole with a punch.

Reply #1463
Quote from: jcassity;280934
if you were smart, you'd not forget to c00ch up a bag full of those slip on screw clips.  i woud kill for a couple of them several times a year on a lot of things not even car related.

i have to make on everytime out of a piece of sheet metal bent 180 and then make a hole with a punch.

Don't you worry,
After stripping the bird, I think I have about 20 lbs. of extra bolts, screws, clips, spring nuts, washers, plates, shims, regular nuts, bulbs,and various interior and exterior trim screws and fasteners,
not to mention brake pedal, E-brake pedal, hood release, interior wiring, switches, lighting, sensors, mirrors, and entire interior wiring harness.(from front to back)

[SIZE="4"]********Update************[/SIZE]

The bird is getting pretty well stripped as of today. There's not much left on it. after I remove the doors fuel tank, fuel lines, E-brake cables and a few misc items, the car will be ready to get cut up.
everything is down to a bare shell with suspension. All wiring is removed, along with the dash.I'll try to remove the windshield for baxo this week. Got 1 side free already.

I know this isn't progress on my car, but in a way, it's part of the entire project. So here's some pics of what's left of the parts car. A few more hrs. and I can send it to the big car lot in the sky, unless someone needs body parts from it.
Somewhere along the way, I'll sell (or give away) what I don't need.

Anyway, that's this weeks progress until my mass air wiring comes. Then it's time to put her together again. hopefully I can get this bird out of here by the next weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1464
Almost forgot.... This months vert pic.

Anyone have the front piece of moulding for the fender?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1465
Jerry , Does that mean you are leaving the side moulding trim off of your Vert ? Besides the fender sections.... :poke:

Reply #1466
yea jerry i have the wide trim..that tbird doesnt have any?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1467
Quote from: BEARMAX;281099
yea jerry i have the wide trim..that tbird doesnt have any?

the moulding is different
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1468
see if you have the ford blue oval on the carpet trim along the doors.  if you do, can you pm me,,, that is is your willing to let them go.

Reply #1469
No Ford ovals, just blank spots where they go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook