Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160542 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1485
My nuts are now equal

And yes, everything is going to de detailed and matching under the hood.

So anyway, I started repainting various brackets and things today.
(no, I didn't spray it on the back of the vert)

also swapped the center console with the other red one. Things match like there supposed too now.

and the new addition for the vert.

Also looks like I have to hack the nubbins off the bottom of the battery tray, to bolt it into the space that I covered over.

Also have to clean that rusty bracket up and paint it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1486
arent those "nubbins" drain holes for the battery tray?  you might want to put them back in just in case your battery leaks in the future.

Reply #1487
I thought they were there to sit in the frame rail. They gotta go anyway
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1488
Relocated the battery to the trunk.....

Reply #1489
So I cut them off. They do nothing except sit in the frame rail and make it rust.

Got all the wiring back in the car. Brake and fuel lines are next.
............ And a whole lot of body work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1490
Jerry,sorry for the delay,funds and traveling have slowed my car stuff down a lot.package coming next week.

On another subject,congrats on all the progress.It's been a long road.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1491
Looking real good Jerry,keep up the progress.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #1492
Some one stole your fenders ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1493
Thanks guys, It has been a long road to get to this point. It's finally going back together instead of getting taken apart. This part of the project is a lot more fun then the first part.
I'm thinking it's time for the bodywork this weekend. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1494
And Yes, I change those fenders as much as my underwear. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1495
Once a week? Its really starting to come together. I almost don't want to imagine body work after seeing what you've already done.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #1496
Here's a tip for you: while the fenders are off clean/Meguiar's PlasticX the washer fluid tank. I really, really want to clean mine (it's yellowed like yours) but I have to remove the fender to do so. I'm lazy and I don't want to re-align the fender unless I'm having the car painted ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1497
it really doesn't look yellow in person. I got another one too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1498
Quote from: daminc;282579
it really doesn't look yellow in person. I got another one too.

I'll take the one you have sitting around if it's clear ;)

Reply #1499
Sorry, not selling the back up. I have to have certain extras for 2 cars now. Just in case you know..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook