Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160541 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1470
today I got my mass air kit. No stopping me now.

finished stripping the bird today.

apparently the entire pass side 1/4 panel and the rear bumper was replaced at one time.

Musta got some used parts for the rebuild. the bumper supports are red, and the cover is an aftermarket part.

My biggest find of the day........
A virgin window moulding clip dropped in the car during assembly. It's like finding a dinosaur fossil. LOL

All that's left is removing the E-brake lines and brackets, and that  back seat that's rusted on by the seatbelt bolts.

I removed the fuel lines........
Is this front part of metal line replaceable?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1471
For lifting and installing the engine, I recommend to build the "adjustable engine load leveler".
It will make the work much easier, especially when you work alone.
Easy to build and here is mine.

More  levelers

Cougar 86 3,8ltr TBI

Reply #1472
You can still buy the clips like those (windshield clips). It's the rear ones that are obsolete.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #1473
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;281321
You can still buy the clips like those (windshield clips). It's the rear ones that are obsolete.

Are the later rear ones the same as the 83-86 ones?  I had to get some when I was putting the car back together.  They are not as "tall" as those on the front.

I did find some though.  Dorman had them.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #1474
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;281321

That's right, the narrow clips. And I thought I found gold. LOL
########################################

Alex, you need to come over and claim you prize.....(before it breaks)

I got your windshield out without breaking it. ;)

You owe me 2 sets of guitar strings. LOL

Here it is almost out.

I need you to come over and help get it off the car, and you can take it home with you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1475
So, anyone close to me need that rear window?
Dan?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1476
Oh no! You never waste an unused guitar string!!!

Reply #1477
Awesome!!! Umm I can go right now LOL. Or tomorrow after work. But I need you to come to my house too there are a few things I need you to look at and get your opinion on.

Reply #1478
Hows Friday?
I'll stop by tomorrow
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1479
that sounds good to me

Reply #1480
Quote from: Chuck W;281323
Are the later rear ones the same as the 83-86 ones?  I had to get some when I was putting the car back together.  They are not as "tall" as those on the front.

I did find some though.  Dorman had them.

I don't know what the 83-86 clips look like. The 87-88 clips look like those in this post:

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showpost.php?p=265967&postcount=11

Ironically, the clips in this post came from the very Thunderbird that daminc stripped :D
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #1481
I'm back to work on this baby after stripping and chopping up the parts bird.
Started the wiring today.
... also remembered I needed to change the cable that runs from the cruise servo. the V8 cable is longer then the V6.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1482
Looks like fun :D. I remember whan I did the MAF conversion on mine it was a PITA to get the EEC harness plug out of the fire wall to pass the MAF wires through. Being that you don't have a bunch of things in your way it should go much smoother.;)

BTW why are the nuts on one strut tower silver and the other one black?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1483
Quote from: thunderjet302;282273
Looks like fun :D. I remember whan I did the MAF conversion on mine it was a PITA to get the EEC harness plug out of the fire wall to pass the MAF wires through. Being that you don't have a bunch of things in your way it should go much smoother.;)

BTW why are the nuts on one strut tower silver and the other one black?

I didn't paint the drivers side yet.
...... and stop looking at my nuts.....LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1484
I can't admire you nuts? Mine are covered. :rollin:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.