Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160530 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1440
Everything out the front,no worries.Easy stuff.I didn't even remove my header panel.C'mon,live on the edge.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1441
this is what was left on the car when i pulled it out. no nothing in my way

And this weeks progress
The motor is just about ready to come out. Should be out on Saturday.
You'll have to wait until then for new pics. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1442
Here's todays adventure. Pulling the new (old) motor for my car.

Here's the transmission. (obviously)

The fastest way between 2 points. A straight line. LOL

And, here it is on the stand , ready to tear down

That's todays picture show.
Until next time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1443
That donor car had some rust too!

Reply #1444
Yea, makes me feel better about sping it now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1445
Spaghetti for 2 anyone?
Got the wiring harness out of the bird, going to degrease it, and were ready to start some serious rewiring here.

And yes, I will be installing mass air wiring. If I use it, it'll already be there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1446
Wiring and beer,hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
My experiences don't work well when these two mix lol.

Reply #1447
LOL
That was my reward after wrestling the wires out of the bird. It just wouldn't let go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1448
The 5.0 leaked a little didn't it? ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1449
ok, just got done washing the wiring harness. next is to inspect all the connectors and wires for damage and the infamous shrinking wire casing at the connectors.

thunderjet302:"
    The 5.0 leaked a little didn't it?

Lets just say that the bolts are not hard to remove anywhere on the front of that car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1450
Quote from: daminc;279217

Lets just say that the bolts are not hard to remove anywhere on the front of that car.

Some times oil leaks are a good thing;)

You know now is the best time for the MAF conversion (which you are doing). You should try it with the harness in the car :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1451
Things are still moving along, but I'm to a point where pics won't show much progress.

Wiring has been checked and repaired. waiting for the mass air kit.
Everything is just hanging around to be installed. Probably install the lighting harness and swap what I need from the bird this weekend

In the meantime, I'm stripping down the bird and pulling out the wiring I need for the lighting package that it has and putting away any usable parts that I remove.

Also got a Full center console that is the right color for my 87.
The other one will go in the vert since it matches perfect in color.

Also got this for my 87. Time to start polishing.

I guess that's all that happened this week, besides the work on the pool.
until next time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1452
Holy corrosion Batman! I didn't know there were any Fords on the Andria Doria!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #1453
Looks like it could use a molasses bath.
1987 TC

Reply #1454
We use a acid cleaner on the alum. wheels at work. I think it's called trailer bright. It would give you a big head start.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +