Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160529 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #120
Now that makes me want to actually fix my mark, since your underside is about 75% worse then mine, mines pretty bad though....
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #121
Slow down, you are making me look bad!

Reply #122
Technacally hes making us all look bad
fixing a fox thats worse then many we have junked or parted.
Hell my 88 turbo coupe isnt as bad as that, needs a frame rail which I had, and rear quarters. The rest is solid.... but its been parted and is now a almost bare shell
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #123
To be honest, I probably wouldn't be doing this if Mike (FLSTCI71), didn't find me those full rust free quarter panels and fenders.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #124
and wait till you see my next project.........................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #125
HAHA oh no......oh jeebus I wonder if I WANT to see it lol
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #126
Jerry, are you going to restore a T-bird for your wife? Some curious minds would like to know. :dunno: ;)

Reply #127
Just to show everyone who has sped a car that was in better shape then mine. I also have sped cars that were in better condition.
Here's the last one I sped.
took these pics the day before it got picked up

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #128
Wow.  What was wrong with it?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #129
Its a caddy, warped the block
they don't make replacements for it, and all the motors in the JY are probably the same. or going to be shortly

The motor was in the trunk in those pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #130
Alright, enough about the one that got away.

After working at my moms all day I came home and did some adjustments to the frame.
I also clamped on the jacking rail and figured out the angles to cut the cross-braces from the frame to the rail

I love those hard drive magnets

the frame is lower then the rail so I have to cut compound miters on all the braces. I test fitted 1 in various places to be sure it fit correctly. now I just have to cut a bunch, tack them in, and pull everything out to weld it. Then try to get it all back in position.
I do notice that my entire car lifts nice and easy on this side now, and nothing is welded yet.
I also have to remember to leave enough room for the E-brake cable, when doing all this. It looks like it's going to be close

I hope to get everything cut and welded together tomorrow (I hope)
not much to talk about today my friends. just a couple pieces of metal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #131
Hey, Jerry it's the little things that count so just keep pluging away everything there looks great. :headbang:

Reply #132
Quote from: daminc;213857
Just to show everyone who has sped a car that was in better shape then mine. I also have sped cars that were in better condition.
Here's the last one I sped.
took these pics the day before it got picked up

Ya coulda stuck a Northstar in it:evilgrin:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #133
I was working 7 days a week 10 hr days.
I got total blue book value for dumping it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #134
Quote from: daminc;213967
I was working 7 days a week 10 hr days.
I got total blue book value for dumping it.

Well then that's not bad.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.