Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160513 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #135
thats what I thought. almost 7 grand
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #136
Wanna build me sub frame connectors? Ill buy you the metal and deliver the car for a week. Hahahahaha
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #137
Quote from: daboss351;213993
Wanna build me sub frame connectors? Ill buy you the metal and deliver the car for a week. Hahahahaha

LOL.... lets see how mine come out first.

Today's update
got the supports cut and ready to tack

Took it out and ready to be welded

OK, I may be overdoing it a little
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #138
well now you have to put the 5.0 in and mod it. Hell I bet those will make that car stiff as hell! Should handle well, so yea, tell me what you bought for material and after cat jam, we can go to your garage and build me some!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #139
Is the frame the same on a mark?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #140
I wanna say yes, or its a little longer.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #141
Been a VERY Happy Birthday working on the car, without interruptions.
I welded the SFCs and rails this morning and cleaned them up

I think it should paint up pretty nice.
I have to weld the seat braces after I fit them again. the notch seems to be off a smidge

Next on the list is the rocker and quarter replacement.
Here's how it ended up so far, before today

Here is the cut to start the day
got some rust there. LOL

Here's the start of separating the the quarter panel for parts.

These may be from California, but there's still rust hiding in there

Here's a dry fit of the rear rocker section

Next, I have to piece in the door jamb and separate the rest of the quarter panel, before I can cut mine off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #142
I was afraid that your rocker repairs would look good but leave the structure compromised. After looking at those subframe connectors it looks like that ain't gonna be an issue :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #143
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;214490
I was afraid that your rocker repairs would look good but leave the structure compromised. After looking at those subframe connectors it looks like that ain't gonna be an issue :hick:

I did take into consideration the weakening of structural members on the car. originally I wasn't going to use them, but after cutting up the car, I figured it would be the best thing. thats the main reason for the rails. There's a couple more braces that are also going in, that are going to be welded to the floorpan. the seat braces are also going to be welded to the seat bolt frames and floor.
There's a couple more things I'm going to brace on the car as I put it back together. If anyone has any recommendations for support, please let me know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #144
I am VERY impressed by the subframe connectors....  Nice work!

Reply #145
Thank you,
I think Its turned into a total restoration project now. not just repairs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #146
Jerry, You can say that again dude only with alot of (pride and sweat) to go with what you've accomplished so far. :welder:

Reply #147
Not only a total restoration, more like a resto-mod!
My jams look like that.... That scares me...... , I cant afford to go that far as what your doing.... I guess I NEED subframes now...
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #148
I feel that I should donate you my white 88.  You would appreciate it more.  I'm just slapping it together to flog on for a while and learn body work.  I bought it down here at a police auction with 0 rust. :raspberry Let me know if you need some rust free parts though.

Reply #149
Here's my test fit after welding yesterday

Heres a pic of it not fitting right

Heres the reason. had to notch for a cross-brace

Take 2!

Thats what I'm talking about. Like a glove

And the inside

here's some reinforcing I did yesterday on the support posts inside the rocker

spent some more time separating the quarter panel.
its getting lighter and easier to move

As I was moving things around today, I pulled out the new bumper cover for my car. Found my old bosch driving lights I had on my cougar, and what do you know. They fit

Yesterday and today combined:
Another 8 hrs.
Total Hours: 65
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook