Skip to main content
Topic: The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!! (Read 38349 times) previous topic - next topic

The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!!

Reply #345
I swear I haven't forgotten you !!! I know it seems like forever,but Wednesday I'll have you fixed up.I have had to keep postponing things because my daughter is graduating this week and EVERY SINGLE DAY something has been going on.If I don't have an answer about the parts sometime Wednesday,I'll send you $5.00.If everything works out Wednesday,I can have everything to you before the end of next week like you stated you need.Wednesday is MY day off.No obligations,nobody to bother me,all me and car stuff.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #346
hahaha man sounds good to me!! Thanks a million! as you can see ive been keeping busy so, its no biggy. Your money will be on its way by the end of this week as well!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #347
Lol.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #348
did you paint the lips on the wheels?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #350
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;219809
did you paint the lips on the wheels?

lips and centers.
2.5 hours taping per each wheel. PAIN IN THE BALLS, but they look sinister!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #351
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;219846
here's some gt40 irons for $100 in Rhode Island

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109962.0

Yep I need a job this week. I want those heads...
Gonna buy that 302 of my buddys father. Its a 92 roller from a e250 van. His dad i guess freshened up the top end threw it in, it had a slight knock, then he pulled it for a 351w. For a complete bottomend, top end, and intake for 100 bucks I cant go wrong. I know the intake is prob a truck intake so thats no good to me, but I can throw it on craigslist and gain some money back, same with anything I dont use. Im getting a gt40 intake on trade for 2 refurbished sets of mark 7 dew wipes so im happy about that, and if i can get a set of gt40 irons, ill have a nice set up. Ill freshen up the block, maybe have it punched to a 306 and new pistons put in. Its gonna be a bit of cash, but I'll have a hell of a budget build up!
Not a bad motor
306, gt40 heads/intake, do mass air, and find something for a decent cam, and it should have more power then i'll ever need to move that tank!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #352
Well just picked up a job doing some body work for my moms b/fs mom lol. I told her bf I want those heads so I believe im getting 100 so I can grab those heads!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #353
checked out the motor
no intake, and timeing cover, other wise complete
has new cam, roller lifters, double roller timing chain, and its got different from stock heads. What heads, I dont know yet will find out once its home. He said the motor pulled much harder then the 302 he swaped in when he heard the knock on this one. He bought the motor built so knows nothing about it. I might luck out and not need to buy those heads!!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #354
checked out the motor
no intake, and timeing cover, other wise complete
has new cam, roller lifters, double roller timing chain, and its got different from stock heads. What heads, I dont know yet will find out once its home. He said the motor pulled much harder then the 302 he swaped in when he heard the knock on this one. He bought the motor built so knows nothing about it. I might luck out and not need to buy those heads!!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #355
Pass rear quarter is DONE. Striped the rear quarter, wheel well, and pass door, and rust treated it. Taped it off for some black primer tomorrow, then undercoat below the tirm, and gonna try and blend some blue in so it doesnt look to bad.
Then drivers side.... Striped fter the door about 4 inches below the window to the bottom... Lots of bondo covering just surface rust like WTF. Assholes put so much bondo over surface rust!!!!! Made all the sooo much more a pain in the BALLS. And I figure out how the trim goes on.... Pulled the back seat, seat belts, and sail panels...... UGHHHH
But its looking freaking shagy!!! Took lots of pics but I'm to tired to post them, will do that tomorrow!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #356

stripped all the rust and bondo off the door, and the 2 layers of paints and primers.... All the dark is the surface rust that they bondoed over, it doesnt have ANY pinholes, its SOLID, and the bondoed it and let it spread....

Found this cause I saw a little peaking out of the seam sealer, so I stripped the seam sealer out so I can glass over that hole.

Same thing here as the door, sanded out all the surface rust that was under bondo.

Sanded out ALL the freaking bondo they put all up the side over more surface rust, pulled the interior out so I could unbolt the mounts for the thin trim, since there was so much rust around them. Need to get new mounts for there.

From today, shows the rust proofer/killer I covered it with, and I washed the whole car cause it was covered in sanded paint, primer, bondo, fiberglass and seam sealer!
If you look at the second pic yu can see a area of light blue at the wheel well. Thats foam insulation I made a mold out of for the fiberglass to make that wheel well since they filled it with half a can of bondo before and it rusted through...
And you can see ther fiberglassed finished rear quarter.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #357
 dude! Keep it up, Looks great!

I wanted to get this deep into the t-bird this summer, but other junk keeps popping up. :punchballs:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #358
Looks good dude. All you need is a spay gun and some paint for a quick outdoor paint job.

Good job
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #359
Quote from: daminc;220646
Looks good dude. All you need is a spay gun and some paint for a quick outdoor paint job.

Good job

winging it with some spray paint hahah wont be great but beats looking at rust!
my $300 beater ;)