Skip to main content
Topic: The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!! (Read 38350 times) previous topic - next topic

The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!!

Reply #330
All I need is a alt from a 94-96 taurus, or 95+ windstar. If i rev the car the amp light goes out, but if i let it idle it comes back, and thats will all lights out, nothing on, just idling, so IDK but im gonna do it since its gonna be a bit longer till the car is done....
I did a stupid thing last night, spun tires in a movie theater parking lot, and some kid had done a donut about a min before and the cop from inside was outside, and heard me take a corner to fast and the tire spin, and gave me a citation because he assumed that I was trying to copy the other kid and show off.... I got it for driving to endanger, and excessive noise.... I dont think im gonna fight it because I dont want to go to real court.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #331
Update!!!
interior is 100% done, all panels in, trim fixed and painted, mustang wheel in, horn fixed and installed. So its one step closer.
Figured I have no choice, so I started to grind down any rust I found on the car on the body panels so I can save as much of the car as I can possibly save. Gonna get some rust treater to add over all the bare metal, and then gonna try and get a close factory color spray paint to throw over the repairs. Then I have to finish the undercoating below the body trim, and install all the missing trim. Got 2 more of the wheels off and one painted, other one still needs to be masked then painted.Threw some glass down on the passenger side fender finally to get it completed. Then ill have the body panel behind the drivers door, and the rear quarters and the body will be DONE. Found poly sway bar bushings at local auto zone, so Im gonna get my T/C sway bar in soon, so im hoping this thing will handle good. New alt. and IAC coming soon, as well as all new battery cables and upgraded wiring for the alt. Its coming along real well, and I took her out for a spin yesterday. I put the 5.0 through its pases and tried out the AOD and my traclok. Pulled to the end of my street, whipped a hard right, and held her to the floor. my stocker 225's stood NO chance, and it roasted them around the corner, BUT i left a one tire fire, im guessing my traclok is getting worn out since It catches posi in a brake stand, but not in a corner. It was about a 35-45 footer, and it gave me the push I needed to finish the car! Got a thumbs up from a guy driving by which was pretty cool!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #332
But, will it make it to catjam?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #333
That all depends on how much money I can save for gas to drive there, If I get the job I want soon, get the car done, and start saving cash for that trip, Its going.All depends on if it passes inspection, how long these tires hold up, and if everything holds up
Forget I need to get an alignment as well!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #334
also got to get the timing set, and get it idling right, and running better.
Still doesnt like the gas pedal when the temp gauge says cold
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #335
HELL YES!!! Got a member from another forum who told me, if I refurbish 2 sets of mark VII dew wipes, he will trade me an explorer intake!!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #336

left was laied by my budys 460 powered f250 ext cab long bed
right is with my mark, once the timing is correct, and its running better(motor was cold) should be able to put down a better one! Made a nice cloud of smoke though!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #337
Good job on all the work.Keep pushing forward.As far as the "cold temp" thing,My Sport LOVES it when it's cold.That's when she feels her best.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #338
I mean as far as engine temp, outside temp has no effect on the car, but if the gauge reads cold it doesnt take gas well and stalls. Once that needle gets about 1/8 away from the blue it runs like a bat out of hell!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #339
got a 4 gauge wire for the new alt
new 4 gauge negative and possitive cables for the battery, and of course they had NO short red ones so all cables are black... O well I know which is which.
Looked for a 175 amp fuse for the alt, no luck only found some 100amp ones
got to go find that somewhere else!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #340
Glad to see things are coming together. Only problem is: not enough pics. lol

Did you test the temp. sensors to see if they are reading correct?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #341
werd!

and the pics he does post, are too dark.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #342
yea by the time I finish work its dark out!! Car looks like  right no, tape and tape marks everywhere. Good pics coming
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #343

Interior all done and clean!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #344
got my new battery cables in, got the other driver side wheel back on, all painted, sprayed her down and took a few quick pics. Dont look great yet, but its getting there!!

i just put a treatment over that bare metal spot, just need to finish the body work, spray the undercoat and get all the trim on there!!
my $300 beater ;)