Skip to main content
Topic: The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!! (Read 38351 times) previous topic - next topic

The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!!

Reply #300
How's the wheel painting coming along.I just did one of my extra Cobra R wheels yesterday.It's in the garage "curing".According to the instructions,it takes a week.I'm patient.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #301
Stop on down when its on the road.
I'll put you to work on mine. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #302
id gladly help

Vin wheels are coming out sweet, I put mine on the day i painted it. Left it in the sun to bake, so I checked after it was about 4 hours later(3 hours to wait till you can handle), it was dry so i mounted it on the car, looks freaking SWEET. Need to sand the other three better then i did the first one(you can see the scratch marks) but I put 3 color coats, and 2 clears, so its nice and thick and hard, after this week im gonna put a coat of clear over the whole wheel to seal the edges of the paint onto the rest.
off to attempt the brake lines, car looks sweet now I just need it to stop!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #303
well getting the fittings off turned into a BIG project
Pulled the upper intake, and took apart the master, but i got the bitches out!! I am also putting in the V/C gaskets i bought last year finally to stop the horrific oil leaks it had, the  V/C were not even tight!!!
Off to get supplys to finish! Wish me luck!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #304
Well  it i went to get the shiznit I needed and now its dark..... Guess im painting v/c's tonight, and cleaning sensors and the TB
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #305
Updated pics?
88 TC with 93 GT 5.0 (.030 over), XE266HR Compcam, SVO 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK underdrives, BBK 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhuast with Americian Thunder Flowmaster lers. Tremec 5 speed and 3.73's and alot of other goodies to list.....

Reply #306
Tomorrow
I got tons, body work on drivers fender, new painted front wheel, motor striped down, all sorts of good stuff!! Now everythings painted, all looks awesome, now if i can only remember how it all goes back in tomorrow!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #307
Well I under estimated myself!! Got the top back on the motor, put the key in, and expected the worst, well she fired right up, my stalling problem i had when it first started is gone, it doesnt drop idle, it just starts and idles sweet!! Guess its good I cleaned out the inside of the intake, TB, and blocked EGR port!

Frame I built to fiberglass on the front fender

The painted wheel

Finished drivers fender, trim installed, and painted wheel

disassembled motor as of last night

assembled motor with ford blue V/C, and graphite upper, egr spacer, and TB, light silver IAC, TPS, and EGR. Looks pretty good, better then before! Should stop the oil leaks with the new gaskets!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #308
Forgot I pulled the passenger fender to repair it next. Gonna put the brake lines in tomorrow, and pray to god that the brakes work!!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #309
Wow dude congrats this thing really turned out to be a basket case and you still managed to kick it in the ass and make it do sumn for a living! :giggle: . Really neat that you're doin all that fiberglass bodywork! Be sure to post some pics of that stuff it sounds like you've done a lot to patch stuff up. Nuts.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #310
Yea Ill take a better pic of the drivers fender, and the pass door jam. It was dark by the time I finish working on all my projects, been working from when i get out of school till about 10-11, sucks but hey I want to drive the car, I have to put in the work. Its a  money pit..... I spent over 400 in the past 2 weeks on it.....
I really have been winging it on everything, I mean tune ups, basic brake jobs, some suspension work, and all my motor work has been on old carbed motors, so I am in uncharted waters here. I mean I was sure i was gonna f up the intake removal and install, felt nice when it started right up, and I didnt have to keep my foot in it for 10 seconds so it wouldnt stall!!  Its looks amazing, running great, and I couldnt be happier with my first car. Considering its cost me about 1800-2k plus the 540 i payed for the car, its been a journey but hell, theres only one mark 7 in my town, its a POS, and the kid talks shiznit about my car, cant wait to blow his  doors off!!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #311
It may have cost a little more then expected, but figure in everything you learned. you'll have that for life now.

I can't wait to see the daytime pics now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #312
Quote from: daminc;215475
It may have cost a little more then expected, but figure in everything you learned. you'll have that for life now.

QFMFT. Exactly.

Sounds like out of a movie!!!! With the other dude with a mark 7. Show him up, and that'll SHUT him up haha.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #313
Yea well I still need to fiber glass the rear quarter on the drivers side but other then that once I get the trim clips that side will be DONE, back is DONE, front is DONE. Passenger side all i have to do is strip and paint the lower part of the door, and finish the fiber glass on the rear quarter. Body work has been pretty easy, just some flat bar, self taping screws and fiber glass. Getting it running and driving its fought me the whole god  way. But its coming out awesome!
Got that body work, hopefully gonna scratch brake lines off the list tomorrow, then paint the last three wheels, and put the interior back together and clean it GOOD. then go to the exhaust shop! I want the  thing done to drive to prom which is may 9th
dont think its gonna happen, but its motivation!!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #314
Quote from: ZondaC12;215476
QFMFT. Exactly.

Sounds like out of a movie!!!! With the other dude with a mark 7. Show him up, and that'll SHUT him up haha.

O hes going down, says im ****ing up my car with all the mods, his dad is OEM part FREAK, F that if its stock its not good enough!! Hes just mad mines faster, louder, lower, and shagier!!
my $300 beater ;)