Skip to main content
Topic: The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!! (Read 38348 times) previous topic - next topic

The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!!

Reply #360
Well im not happy
of course I get a 4 day weekend, and im sick so the progress on the car is at a halt. The way im looking at everything I got a long ways to go before I'm driving this thing
Im stuck on a decision now
I can pick up this motor, and I already told the guy I would
Its a roller block, new cam, roller lifters, double roller timing chain, different from stock heads, no intake or timing cover. Now do I spent the hundred and grab the motor, or do I save the hundred for possible stuff on the car..... Im not sure as to what cam or heads are on the motor, and it does have a knock im told, but very little. He said it pulled real hard, harder then the stock replacement he replaced it with. Should I just grab it and sell off parts of it if needs be? I really wanna have something for a motor project, and if it turns out to be gt40 heads, and a good cam, im saving lots of money with a solid valvetrain.
The car needs the exhaust installed, an allignment, and I think that about it for stuff I cant do myself.....
Need some opinions here.... Also I am getting a gt40 upper and lower on a trade of 2 sets of refurbished mark 7 dew wipes so thats CHEAP....
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #361
If there's nothing wrong with your engine,save the money and use it later on upgrades.There's always another 5.0 out there.Get well soon.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #362
My motor for the most part is ok I think. It doesnt seem to have been beaten, but it wasnt babied. Has some clatter in the valvetrain, and since I got it, I havnt been easy on it, pushing it past redline to 6k a few times when it was cold.... Stupid, but didnt think much of it then.
thing is finding one cheap around here isnt easy.
A 5.0 mustang lasts about 2 days at a s yard, they are brought in and GONE.
5.0 exploders and mountianer's? gutted for the 5.0. This block I know because the timing cover is off at least has a over 60 dollar double roller timing chain. And the plugs are at an angle, thats gt40 heads right? or are they p heads? All I know is I dont think they are e7 heads.
So ive been thinking, looking into money savings and Im gonna grab it before he advertises it for sale. If its gt40 heads that 100 saved, timing chain theres about 60-70 bucks. If its got the new lifters like its supose to thats over another 100.
I have access to a stand, Gonna be pulling in some  good money in the summer so I'm gonna build a NICE DD motor, and get all the stuff for a 5 speed swap. If I keep this car, it will go in this, if not, it might go in a bird/cougar/another mark/ or a stang, depends on how well this car holds up, and what else I find resonable.
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #363
You could also get a good motor in a bird or cougar, If thats what the next project may be.
I'm sure it's a good find for a motor also, sounds like you need to make a list of pros and cons, with the rising gas prices.
gas is $4.30 a gallon over here. Don't see many people cruising around this weekend
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #364
we still at 3.90 here
at the moment I dont need fuel effiecent car, so Ill do this for now
bird 5.0 is flat top pistons, SO heads and intake so I'd have to get alot more stuff. Worse comes to worse, I can sell it off at a later date. Its only gonna be a mild motor, nothing insane, just something to move my boat easily, and get ok mileage
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #365
Bought it!!
What a  steal!!! its just  5.0 with E7 heads. New freeze pluds, double roller timing chain, newer cam, looks like the block was done, the criss cross pattern is still in the walls!!! The motor didnt run right, all the pistons have serious carbon build up, and the heads have one pure white valve, and one dark black one.
plugs are pure white as well.
found out my neightbor works at a machine shop and offered to help set me up with machine work, a cam, part cleaning, and advice.
Im pysched, never expected to find a decent neighbor around here!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #366
Makey the car so you can drive it around :mullet:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #367
the car does
got to get the body work done hahah
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #368
I thought the brakes were still fubar.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #369
nope
replaced every single brake line, all calipers, all rotors, and all pads.........
bye bye 350 bucks.......
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #370

see the white valves, anyone know why??
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #371
running lean? just a quess
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #372
yea thats my thought
i wonder if this cam was to much for the SD system in the van and it ran bad.
I wonder if I can figure out what kinda cam it is
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #373
Quote from: daboss351;221335

see the white valves, anyone know why??

Water leakage into the combustion chamber? I can't tell if it's on the intake or exhaust valve as the pic is dark.

Reply #374
intake valves cause they are the smaller valves
my $300 beater ;)