Skip to main content
Topic: The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!! (Read 38347 times) previous topic - next topic

The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!!

Reply #375
Quote from: daboss351;221435
intake valves cause they are the smaller valves

umm, the exhaust valves are smaller than the intake's.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #376
i made a guess
I was wrong
correction i guess its exhaust valves that are pure white, all except one is black
all plugs are white
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #377
I hear someone got a welder
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #378
yep
waiting for my brothers friend to drop it off.
his friend is my saving grace
let me use his brand new in box engine stand(the one my 302 is on), his hoist, the welder hes giving me, and he payed for the grade 8 bolts I got to hold the motor up. He's been great
Once I clean out the shed some, im gonna start into the motor some. Pull the lifter reatiners, lifters, timing chain, and cam. I wanna try and see what condition the stuff is in, and attempt to figure out what the hell its got for a cam!
rainy weekend so no body work updates on the linc, but update for me, im single and 100% happier now! Means more time for work, and the car. Hell yes!!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #379
Friends are a good thing, aren't they?
You should be able to do some panel work with a flux core welder.
I've never used one for sheetmetal, but I hear it works.
I can see some SFCs in your future too. LOL
I'll be waiting for the new updates.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #380
yea im gonna try to make some
I ummm "borrowed" some long lenghts of square tubing, angle, and some 1/2 flat stock from my school shop class, so I wanna make front and rear strut bars(only doing a rear because this car is FAT and if i can get any flex out of it, GOOD) and possibly SFC's if i dont buy some.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #381
Quote from: daboss351;221452
yea im gonna try to make some
I ummm "borrowed" some long lenghts of square tubing, angle, and some 1/2 flat stock from my school shop class, so I wanna make front and rear strut bars(only doing a rear because this car is FAT and if i can get any flex out of it, GOOD) and possibly SFC's if i dont buy some.

It would be cheaper buying the tubing and making your own SFCs.
Unless you already borrowed some tubing for that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #382
got to borrow a nice 30 footer of square tubing
what kinda of tubing did you use? like thickness
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #383
10' 2x2 .120 (1/8 inch, I believe that is)
20' 1x1 for crossbraces and jack rail (optional)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #384
Hard to tell in the pics but does it have valve reliefs?,
sort of looks like it.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #385
yep sure does
its a 5.0 e7 headed truck motor, so its a 5.0 ho pretty much

Gonna clean up and sell the heads, and gonna serch the cam for a part numberits in  good shape, I ben pulling parts and finding nothing wrong
other then I got no oil pickup
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #386
threw 65mm explorer tb on the car today
throttle response is insane now(compared to before) Check engine light and idle problems are gonna now too!
got a new front fender on it, got to go get the other fender, rear bumper, and other odds and ends off a mark they JUST got at the yard. Scored a set of fog lights too!
pics coming soon
O and needs new tires, 2 keep going flat
AHHHHHRYGHHGHJKHHJ
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #387

still have to mod the TB to hook to the throttle cable!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #388
What did you use for the cold-air intake? MAF or SD? I'm running the stock airbox with K&N filter and the resonator removed, but I'm wondering if a cold-air intake might make sense, especially since I have a 65mm TB, bored-out upper, 19# injectors, and "more cam" (whatever the mechanic means by that, LOL).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #389
its a used cheapo mustang CAI kit for SD I payed 60 for it, and its been a nice mod, you can really hear it when you punch the gas down, and now with the TB, man the sound and response from jsut taping the gas is awesome!!
you can see it better in this older pic
my $300 beater ;)