Skip to main content
Topic: The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!! (Read 38346 times) previous topic - next topic

The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!!

Reply #390
so, what's keeping you from driving this thing?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #391
exhaust, bleeding brakes, finishing a little body work
o and no steady job for insurance money, plus getting it inspected wil be fun......
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #392
If you lived near me, I'd have you working. There's a LOT of work in construction/ remodeling here.

The car's looking like a car now. Your doing a good job.
Did I see some tubing laying under your car? SFCs?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #393
hahah that the body trim!! Yea im working pretty steady with my grandfather, and on a farm(both ten a hour in cash so not bad)
Would be ncie to have steady work, I dont mind being a grunt, i perfer it over fast food and  so its working out. Hav been doing LOTS of mechanic work on the side, lots of friends cars, and there familes always come to me first cause I can do it, and I am cheap. It all works out good! Plus if i need more tools, they buy!!
I need to fix some lights, a little body work, the exhaust, bleed the brakes, go over the front end and tighten everything up one last time to be sure I didnt miss anything, and some odds and ends and shes ready to go!! Wont have a radio or anything like that but o well, the 5.0 plays some really loud music right now!!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #394
what I need to find is a batery saw to cut the wheel well out of the junkyard car for mine, rear quarters would be nice too. Got to go see if the car has been crushed yet tomorrow, grab the gt40 heads and some parts of the car if its still there, including the TB and EGR spacer so I can port match it, and mod the explorer TB to work in my car.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #395
Quote from: daboss351;224487
what I need to find is a batery saw to cut the wheel well out of the junkyard car for mine, rear quarters would be nice too. Got to go see if the car has been crushed yet tomorrow, grab the gt40 heads and some parts of the car if its still there, including the TB and EGR spacer so I can port match it, and mod the explorer TB to work in my car.

Home depot. 18v ryobi sawzall. I've been using mine to cut the  of my car. I also used it when I cut the inner wheelwells off my car. fits in there with the wheel on to. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #396
well i need one within this week, I have to find someone with one I can use. I need the lip of the rear wheel well, cause its a PITA to make out of fiberglass, and I dont wanna fill it in with bondo like it was
I need to remeber to get a rear bumper, mines rusted out, and wont do me much good if I get rear ended, so thats next too.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #397
Need some opinions guys about tires
what should I do? I would like to put some GOOD rubber on it, possibly something like the z rated cooper cobras I have on the wheels.
17x8.5 inch wheels. I have NO clue about tires any help is good, cause I think the tires it has are gonna fail big time, they have next to nothing for tread, and are dry rotted. My stockers failed inspection too so I cant use those.
When i get new ones there will be burnout vids, I promise that much!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #398
Quote from: daboss351;224504
well i need one within this week, I have to find someone with one I can use. I need the lip of the rear wheel well, cause its a PITA to make out of fiberglass, and I dont wanna fill it in with bondo like it was
I need to remeber to get a rear bumper, mines rusted out, and wont do me much good if I get rear ended, so thats next too.

Home depot card. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #399
hahahhahahaha
thats the last  thing I need!!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #400
Found a set of chrome tail pipes for 50 bucks on craigslist Im gonna buy them and use them to finish off my exhaust. Still have to decided if im going out the side or the back
50 bucks I cant pass them up, cheaper then buying tips
http://providence.craigslist.org/pts/692885246.html
Think now if these work out pretty good, MIGHT attempt to do the exhaust myself. Need to get some flux wire, and some cut off wheels.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #401
Take the pipes to the rear of the car.Out the side is for mullet having Camaro drivers.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #402
out the sides after the rear wheels though is what I was thinking. Looks good on these cars I think. I will figure it out once i get these pipes.
Would have liked to do a bigger tip but 50 bucks for both whole pipes in chrome I cant pass it up
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #403
Any pics?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #404
yep h/o

If I do it I want to go a little further back before it goes out the side
my $300 beater ;)