Skip to main content
Topic: The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!! (Read 37431 times) previous topic - next topic

The "Stinkin Lincoln" is being striped!!!

Reply #420
why would you replace your factory headers with the same size?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #421
well they are better then the stock units, and also only cost me 100 bucks shipped so they will be good for now
plus I didnt know they were the same size
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #422
when are you going to update your sig to a pic with the new rims?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #423
who knows
got a new bumper, 120 mph speedo, trim, 3g alt, and new IAC
tomorrow is all about my baby
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #424
took the speedo apart, set the miles, painted the needles, and cleaned it all up.
going to get a few things for the 3g swap, then gonna do that see what that and the IAC does for a difference.
gonna throw my stock TB back on for now so I can have a gas pedel
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #425
ITS
DONE
and insured
got to wait ten days to register it and hope I can pass inspection with my tires I have on it
all thats left is body work and interior reassembly.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #426
Cool, what do the tires look like anyway? Bad?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #427
some serious dry rot
my dad custom fit and welding my whole exhaust(car is nasty when you stomp on it, silent at idle)
and I put in my 3g alt, all new front lights, new IAC, we bleed the brakes, torqued the rotors, did all kinds of shiznit
car drives amazing, and stops on a DIME.
Car runs MUCH better with new alt battery and IAC
181 dollars a month for insurance though....
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #428
181 dollars a month for insurance though....
Things are very expensive now. I think mine when I was 18, was around $70 a month, with full collision and glass.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #429
181 for liabilty thats IT
but thats the lowest I can go since im a minor, and since its my own insurance I have to wait ten days to register my car cause they have to research me to see if they will insure me
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #430
Way to go ! Great job Mason.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #431
we worked hard on it for two days and got the mechanical part DONE
it was a pain, but everything seems good so far
the alt worked out great! at least I think it did haha
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #432
Good deal! Wow! I can't believe insurance is so high - I though $360/year was a lot when I was that age :hick:
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #433
Quote from: daboss351;233625
181 for liabilty thats IT

Holy hell! When I was 16 I was paying $720 a year, but I was also under my parents insurance. I pay $140 a month now for 2 cars, the 88 has full coverage and the 95 just has liabilty. I have a clean driving record so I'm sure that helps as well.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #434
Right around $60 for me. Under my parents, liabilty. does down every year I drive no tickets or reported accidents. and Good student discount (3.0 or higher) and safe driver discount, did this packet thing.

without all that it would be around 110- 120 i think is what they said when I started driving.

Guys are suppose to be more of a risk yet I thnk that it is AT LEAST equal. We want to go fast, they want to talk on the phone and do make-up. Females always win though.
1986 Cougar LS