Skip to main content
Topic: Hmmm I wonder... (Read 19305 times) previous topic - next topic

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #60
Back from the dead well not really. My c4 transmission was slipping so I rebuilt it myself and just recived my tribars stang wheels. The supercharger started leaking oil from the front snout seal and have not been able to locate where they sell them.  Also I installed my skinny kid race cars manual brake conversion kit and a line lock and still need to bleed the system. So basically until I find the front snout seal the supercharger is on stand by I just want to be able to drive my bird again and feel the holset power. I will be having fun with the nitrious in the mean time until I install the sc. Any help with where I can buy a front snout seal will be greatly appreciated will post some pics tommorow of the progress.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 T-Bird turbo'd and supercharged and if things call for it juiced. :evilgrin:
88 Turbocoupe t3, 4.10's, Daily driver

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #61
can you post a pic of the seal and maybesome measurements? if you cant find it, you might have to fabricate one/modify the case.

BTW, i received my SKRC kit yesterday, but they didnt send the press. switch, nor the heim joint for the pushrod. did you get those?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #62
can you post a pic of the seal and maybesome measurements? if you cant find it, you might have to fabricate one/modify the case.

BTW, i received my SKRC kit yesterday, but they didnt send the press. switch, nor the heim joint for the pushrod. did you get those?

I will post a pic of the seal tommorow. And for the SKRC manual brakes I did received the heim joint and the press swith I bought my kit new on ebay for $160 I beleive. Where did you bought your kit at?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #63
Also for the kit I had to remove the brake pedal which is a real bitch on manual pedals and drill a hole 1" above where the old linkage went for the new linkage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #64
i bought mine directly from Skinny Kid for $149 plus shipping. i ordered it for 94+ mustang, and they told me they dont include the pressure switch on those kits, but their site shows it does?!?! is your M/C army green in color?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #65
Yea its army green strange unit yea mine was $160 shipped and I orderd mine for a 88 stang and included everything weird your does not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #66
well, its a hideous color, and doesnt match too well with a freshly painted azure blue engine bay!
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #67
Yea its a ugly color but on my engine bay you cant even see it. Have you installed your kit already?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #68
not yet, i need to respray the engine bay after welding on the firewall. i did test fit, and the brake lines look like they'll be rubbing the strut tower. and FWIW, that strange M/C is a dodge unit. might find one that has the ports facing the engine.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #69
Yea the ports are real close to the shock tower and its real tricky to bend them with the engine in and harnesses but It turned out good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #70
mine is even more offset, because it was ordered to clear a big block.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #71
Hmmm that sucks any updates on your car?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #72
only what ive posted in my thread. i should have my heads back next week, and im waiting on another timing cover to show up. this one should be a little more "polishing friendly", since it doesnt have mounting bosses for coil packs.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #73
Quote from: 88cat;143314
Well yea I could find a smaller turbine housing but I already had the sc and cost me lil to nothing to mount it. Also I want to prove wrong the ppl that say that this combo would not work. And last reason I did not went smaller housing is because im 19 and currently dont have a job.

We know the combo will work. Just ask VW. :hick:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/05/10/volkswagen-twincharger-tsi-voted-best-new-engine-of-2006/

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #74
We know the combo will work. Just ask VW.

Real intresting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]