Skip to main content
Topic: Hmmm I wonder... (Read 19306 times) previous topic - next topic

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #45
I ran into a hault. I finally figured out how to run the belt after installing 2 idler pullies. Well after installing the belt I saw that my supercharger began to flex. After seeing that I installed a support going from the shocktower to the main bracket  and it was super stiff but not stiff enough for the belt and it's still flexing. So now I need to add more support brackets or do something to stop the flexing. I would of never thought the belt tension was that strong, I also removed the wastegate and will be running the engine with the supercharger alone to see how much it boost's. Here are some pics.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 T-Bird turbo'd and supercharged and if things call for it juiced. :evilgrin:
88 Turbocoupe t3, 4.10's, Daily driver

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #46
bad ass!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #47
looks good.. use some thicker metal on that bracket.. and it wont flex as much.

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #48
post some pics of where you mounted the plate
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #49
Very interesting...

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #50
Well it's not the main bracket that flexs but the legs that bend to one side.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #51
post some pics of where you mounted the plate

Its mounted to the header bolts on one side and the intake bolts on the other side of the head.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #52
could you maybe run some more brackets from the intake? like where the two halves bolt together as a brace? maybe gusset the brackets you have now?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #53
can't cross brace because of the valve cover, hum. I was thinking of ideas but none will work since the motor is going to flex also
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #54
Triangulate the legs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #55
it is a 2-piece intake, right? 4 bolts hold them together? run two more brackets from the 2 closest bolts to the valve cover, to the plate. it would be at like a 45 degree angle, and should clear the cam cover.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #56
Triangulate the legs

I think Im gonna try that next.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #57
Here is an update to make the base stronger I triangulated the legs and welded gussets still have 2 more to go. If this dont work Im gonna have to start from scrath again. here are some pics.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #58
Got some more work done on the ole bird. I installed my new lakewood 70/30 struts and the 03 mustang spindles. I still have to run new lines to the manual brakes im converting it to and the line lock. 

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hmmm I wonder...

Reply #59
any updates?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]