Skip to main content
Topic: Post up pics of your wheels.... (Read 197176 times) previous topic - next topic

Post up pics of your wheels....

Reply #165
Runninwild  what are those tires size?  are they 225 70 series?  thanx

Reply #166
Quote from: RunninWild;300410
American Racing Outlaw II's on my 88.

nice looking car!!  Makes me want to ditch my 17's for some 15's.  We would be twins then.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #167
Quote from: 50tbrd88;300510
nice looking car!!  Makes me want to ditch my 17's for some 15's.  We would be twins then.

It actually just got repainted again... Some asshole backed into it, making it the fifth time it has been rear ended and suffering only minmal damage. The rear end on that car has totaled a Daewoo Leganza while only needed to be repainted on it's fourth rear end collision. :)

Also, the clear coat was slightly peeling, so MAACO redid the whole thing and put a silver stripe on it, kind of like 50tbrd88's. My stripe is a little darker than yours, so we are pretty close lol.

Thanks for the compliments.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Reply #168
I like the way they inch out of the wheel well. :burnout:

Reply #169
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #170
nothin special... cragar 215's on my 88 bird.

yeha yeah... they're four lugs!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily:          *1988 Ford Thunderbird V6 3.8L*          :birdsmily:

Reply #171
NUthign special?? Go find those again..you woooooon't :p
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #172
here are some old pictures of my car.
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)

Reply #173
Here are the fabulous wheels on my two Tbirds... Ugly polycast 14" road wheels in my former 1985 for the win! :hick::rollin:

I really wish I could find the metric tires at a reasonable price because I like the original TRX wheels so much.

I am seriously rethinking the whole 1980-82 wheelcover thing. I really want at least good set of Mustang GT turbines or better yet some 4-lug Cobra wheels like Vinnie's...

Reply #174
Snowflakes are shagy;)

88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #175
Quote from: thunderjet302;305385
Snowflakes are shagy;)

Your entire Bird is nice!

new wheels

Reply #176
my vote is for the 94-95 cobra's like chuck has....they are simple
and no mustang logo, but i would paint car color in the windows
leaving the satin/clearcoat highlights for contrast...little
maintenance abd still dressy...i have 4 people who repair, paint and
polish if you want some tips

White boy's wheels

Reply #177
Those black/machined wheels are "riken" mesh built by the
same company that built enkei - when michelin bought riken
some years ago they elected not to have wheels built any
more so they were discontinued....back in those days i was
the west coast distributor - tire baron

Wheels

Reply #178
I am amazed at the amount of wheels guys spend their hard earned
money for (some ugly some cool but its a matter of taste)that would
let some one put wheel weights on the outside of their wheels because some tire flunkie says thats the only way they can get a good balance. there are some very cool rides in this group that are
true works of art but then it stops when it comes to the wheels.
Tip: when painting wheels, rattle can or otherwise, do not paint
the lug seats. when the paint shrinks it will alter the torque of the
lugs. if you want to strip/clean before painting, take them to your local machine shop and have them hot tanked/

Reply #179
Quote from: tire baron;308987
I am amazed at the amount of wheels guys spend their hard earned
money for (some ugly some cool but its a matter of taste)that would
let some one put wheel weights on the outside of their wheels because some tire flunkie says thats the only way they can get a good balance.

Actually, in my case I requested they balance the wheels utilizing weights on the outside if needed. Weights on both sides does give a better dynamic balance, and thus less vibration at higher speeds.

Quote from: ProTouring442;288479
Mine are Enkei's with Ford center cap emblems.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis