Skip to main content
Topic: Post up pics of your wheels.... (Read 197586 times) previous topic - next topic

Post up pics of your wheels....

Reply #195
Anyone ever put a set of '93 Cobra replicas on a 'Bird?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-1007RSR

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
"as if 'religion' were something God invented, and not His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own nature." -C.S. Lewis

Reply #196
Quote from: ProTouring442;313148
Anyone ever put a set of '93 Cobra replicas on a 'Bird?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-1007RSR

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

I woudl certainly like to see how they look! I also like the way the 94 Cobra wheels look on our cars. They carry over the TRX wheel themed smooth center caps with the lug nut holes. I just remembered I built a model of a 1966 Tbird and used a set of 93 Cobra wheels on it and it looks great! I have a couple of other wheel swaps I did not model cars. I need to take pictures!

Ah, I found the member picture who has the 94 Cobra wheels installed... Sweet!

Reply #197
new pics with all four wheels, what does everybody think

88 5.0 tbird, bbk shorties, new aod, short ram intake, msd ignition, soon to be full H.O.

Reply #198
Do you have center caps?I wonder if stock 10 hole/TC wheel caps would work.Nice looking wheels....different.The front of my Sport sat tall like that once upon a time.I used 1999 Mustang springs all around to lower it (alignment afterward).Worked wonders for looks and handling.Keep it up,one step at a time.My first '88 was red.I like it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #199
thanx, and i dont have the caps, im trying to find something nice, ill try the 10 hole caps, and yea its sitting like a monster truck lol, that will be fixed rite after the floor shifter goes in this week, what 99 stang springs were they, and are there differences between v6 v8 conv or hardtop springs
88 5.0 tbird, bbk shorties, new aod, short ram intake, msd ignition, soon to be full H.O.

Reply #200
I was taught that the V-6 and V-8 springs are the same.I got mine from a V-6 car and they have been great.....they were also free,and that didn't hurt.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #201
that sounds nice haha, i mite have to see if my buddy has plans for his 00 stang springs, we are supposed to lower it this week, so ima try to c00ch his stockers haha

Reply #202
There you go.Mine dropped right in,and,as I stated,I had an alignment done as well (I swapped the rack,LCA's and everything at once).

Reply #203
Vinnie , all 4 springs worked with no problems ?
  A friend of my brother has a set from a 96 gt sitting in his garage
 I can have for a song
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #204
my 88w/ the stock 10 holes and cougar centers
strange though, to me, that they originally came with a set of ford caps

One day, after I am filthy rich, i will have those 03/04 4lug cobras though. waaaaaay too much else to fix until then though!
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #205
Ford,Cougar,either way,they look good.I always liked the 10 holes and turbine wheels.

Reply #206
Now with Turbines
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #207
Quote from: hypostang;315638
Vinnie , all 4 springs worked with no problems ?
  A friend of my brother has a set from a 96 gt sitting in his garage
 I can have for a song

Yes,they all fit with zero issues.I was also replacing my steering rack,pump,strut bushings,and lower front control arms and I had an alignment.You really need to do that when you lower a car.

Reply #208
I've had the 8 hole wheels,10 holes,turbines,snow flakes,silver Cobra R's,chrome Cobra R's,and now the 10th Anniversary wheels.I'm stopping the wheel swap merry go round.

Reply #209
As far as stock wheels go my favorites are the turbines...if i ever did a 5lug conv i would probably snag a set off a lincoln towncar and put cougar center caps in em :D
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L