Skip to main content
Topic: Post up pics of your wheels.... (Read 197588 times) previous topic - next topic

Post up pics of your wheels....

Reply #150
Thanks.  I'm loving them right now, the only thing left to do is roll the rear inner wheel lip under so that I don't chew up the sidewalls of the tires.......
1987 Cougar XR7 308 S/C
Trick Flow Heads/S-Trim/42lb. Inj./Stg. 1 cam/4.10 Detroit Locker,Yukon Axles,T/A Rear End Housing,CHE Upper Control Arms,Chucks Poly motor mounts,
Working A/C -- BBK Shorties/ H-Pipe/ Flowmasters/ Eibach Springs/SSM lift bars/ Max Motorsports subframe connectors/3300 stall convert/ etc....... list keeps going
Lots and Lots of Parts to make you go FAST !!
2008 Mustang GT - - Dark candy Apple Red
Roush Louvers;18" Polished Bullit Rim;3.55 Posi;Hood Scoop;Pypes Exhaust

any body know any, i need 2 more

Reply #151
i bought 2 from a wrecking yard,only had enough for 2, the car had the whole set but the other 2 were gone when i got the money for them. i've been unable to find any more. any body know anything about them? they are a 2 piece rim. they came off a turbo coupe 87-88? i think ,,been 2 years.

Reply #152
The mesh wheels u guys speak of are old Enkie's and American racing.  I own a 15" set of Enkie's in black and my 16" are's are being powder coated medium metallic red like my bird. 

http://natomessageboard.com/uploads/00004678/Enkei's%20.jpg
86 TC.......Intake, fmic ,bov ,pillar gauges......more to come

Reply #153
here is my '83 with those old school 16" web rims:

Reply #154
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;299824
here is my '83 with those old school 16" web rims:

Nice Cougar and those wheels look great on it!

Reply #155
1WLD BRD...that is a sweet looking Cougar.  I really think it has the perfect '80s vibe to it with those wheels and the pinstripe.

I can't believe I've never posted my wheels in here.  They are pretty common basic old 17x9 Cobra R replicas with 245/45/17 Falken's.  I bought them because they were pretty cheap and looked 1/2 way decent.  I plan to hopefully change wheels by springtime...may go 5 lug and try some chrome Bullitts with 275's on the rear or maybe some 15's for an old school look.

'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #156
heres some pics of my cobra Rs bent one last month need to buy a new one soon.

please someone find me a 17x9 chrome cobra R 5 lug send pm if you got a extra one laying around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #157
Quote from: HOODBIRD;299550
...my 16" are's are being powder coated medium metallic red like my bird.

I want to do the same thing and basically copy 1wldbird's Cougar except in a Medium Wengewood Blue as a second car someday.  Photoshop anyone?
1987 TC

Reply #158
Quote from: Carpimp1987;300233
heres some pics of my cobra Rs bent one last month need to buy a new one soon.

please someone find me a 17x9 chrome cobra R 5 lug send pm if you got a extra one laying around.

I'm not feeling the trunk stripes, but the wheels look awesome. Your car really has a nice rake to it too. It looks sharp. Nice job!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #159
Okay I wrecked my old car only reason the stripes are still there going for a 2 tone bullit black top and green bottom soon.

got 1 chrome cobra R and 2 polished cobra rs and last 1 2000-2002 gt wheel since my other rim got bent when i had a blow out.,

need 1 chrome one drivers side chrome and passanger side polished no one will know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #160
Quote from: Carpimp1987;300286
Okay I wrecked my old car only reason the stripes are still there going for a 2 tone bullit black top and green bottom soon.

got 1 chrome cobra R and 2 polished cobra rs and last 1 2000-2002 gt wheel since my other rim got bent when i had a blow out.,

need 1 chrome one drivers side chrome and passanger side polished no one will know.

Dude I think your car looks good white...
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #161
I just bought a very clean 87 LX V6 w/factory 10 hole wheels,what would be a good tire combo to help fill the wheel wells better untill I get my 5lug setup together???

Reply #162
Quote from: desotorandy;300361
I just bought a very clean 87 LX V6 w/factory 10 hole wheels,what would be a good tire combo to help fill the wheel wells better until I get my 5lug setup together???

Leave it alone if you're going 5 lug.Why invest in replacements if you're just going to have to do it again with the 5 lug setup.Save the money and use it towards your swap.10 holes look good.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #163
American Racing Outlaw II's on my 88.

-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Reply #164
Great looking Bird.Those wheels actually look good on that gray car.My Sport had those on it when I bought it from the salvage yard.They were in great shape,just really discolored.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..