Skip to main content
Topic: The last NEW Official Model Car Thread! (Read 16218 times) previous topic - next topic

The last NEW Official Model Car Thread!

Reply #165
Hey,COOL idea with those lights.I was thinking of wiring up my 1/12 camaro,but everything would have to be well hiden since the car will be displayed with the doors,hood and trunk open.Nice TC.I'm working on one......sometimes.Nice work on the Stang as well.Good thinking.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #166
Nice models guys. Vinny, look on your camera for a setting called Macro. This will allow you to get close to the model without the pic being out of focus or blurry.

I've got so many projects on my workbench right now, I don't know where to start. And, I'm trying to finish my model room while working on stuff.

Reply #167
Yea,I know.I had taken these over a year ago,and have since got a new camera.I'm good now.Thanks.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #169
Resurrection time :hick:

Aerobird, I was wondering about the Revell Pro Street LSC kit.

I wanna build a replica of my 1:1 LSC, but that means I need a stock chassis to put the body on. Do you think a chassis from the Revell TC kit work? I noticed that the LSC kit is 1:25 and the TC kit is 1:24 scale. Will that make a lot of difference? If it does I probably won't mess with it. It's always frustrated me that Revell tooled up that body and never made a stock version :mad:

Thanks in advance :D
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #170
Remember,it's  only plastic.If you take some time,you can adjust the T-Bird chassis to fit.I made a T-Bird chassis fit a '71 Plymouth satellite.Just takes time.

Reply #171
No need Vinnie!

Matt, they made a stock LSC kit ;) Be prepared to spend some $$$ for it though ($50-$100).

Reply #172
I have never seen a stock one. Do you have the model #? or pics would be super awesome. :hick:
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

Reply #173
NM I just found one. It was a resin transkit made by AAM (All American Models). Does it look like everything is there on this one? It looks like I'd need a Pro street LSC and a 5.0 Mustang to finish it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RESIN-1989-LINCOLN-LSC-MARK-VII-ALL-AMERICAN-MODELS_W0QQitemZ120188871137QQihZ002QQcategoryZ145967QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Matt

Reply #174
Quote from: 5.0 bird;189767
NM I just found one. It was a resin transkit made by AAM (All American Models).

I just found, you beat me to the link lol
I agree that it looks like it'd need the other parts. Then again, I know nothing of the LSC kit..but I'd like one.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #175
It just needs a Mustang kit for the engine, it comes with the body. It's a VERY nice kit too!

Reply #177
Latest model! It's a 1978 Corvette with a C5 Corvette LS6/T56 swap (coughERICcough) and C5 Corvette seats. The kit is a reissue of an older one, so the detail is kind of "low" (molded in rear suspension, etc). I started this one on Thursday and finished it up last night for a nice weekend build!

Reply #178
Last pic. The paint is 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix "Galaxy Silver" (yes, that's the color ours is :hick: ), the interior is black with white seats.

The figure is a Warhammer 40K HQ unit for the Black Templar. I've been working on it off and on since my birthday. The thing is I got sick of my Testor's paint drying up, so I got all-new paints from Testor's Model Master Acryl line, they're all water based! So the figure is my "guinea pig" to test out the water-based paints. I used the same paints (except the silver spray) on the Corvette model.

Reply #179
And the reason for building the "quickie" Vette? This:

1962 Pontiac Catalina 421 Super Duty. AMT/Ertl's nicest kit ever. I built it 100% box stock in 62 Catalina Midnight Blue with the correct tri-tone interior. I've been working on this thing all winter (off and on) to try to build a semi-competitive model for the "box stock" class if I ever enter another model contest (I have a nasty habit of modifying and swapping parts in kits...)