Skip to main content
Topic: The last NEW Official Model Car Thread! (Read 16215 times) previous topic - next topic

The last NEW Official Model Car Thread!

Reply #150
I'm going to bump this for two reasons.

One, its getting cold out and I'll be building like crazy soon.

Two, did anyone see the resin 85-86 T-coupe and Mark 7 go on ebay a few weeks back? How does $124 for the T-bird and $200 for the Mark 7 sound???

Reply #151
I've been working on a 1/12 Camaro for about a year or so,of and on.It'll be awesome.Opening doors,etc.Give me a minute and I'll amaze you all with some sweet models I built..................
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #152
Prepeare yourself.............My "One of none" 1970 Shelbyt Torino.It was a "What if" car.I tried to be period correct.

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #153
One more Torino shot......

Reply #154
Plymouth Superbird.............It has 4 Corvette bucket seats,scratchbuilt independant rear,Porsche dash,Ferrari whels,Porsche exhaust tips,and a lot more........

Reply #155
1971 Plymouth satellite....T-Tops,right hand drive,poseable front seats (they slide front to back),heavily modified '87 Thunderbird chassis,poseable steering,opening doors,hood and trunk,gas filler at top center of trunk,deep recessed photoetched grille,and more......

Reply #156
Last one for now,a Chevy SSR with a PT Cruiser roof,L-88 Corvette engine,widened and reverse opening hood,opening doors with '68 Vette "gilles",ZR-1 Corvette taillights,opening cargo hatch with cargo floor,etc.......

Reply #157
One day,I'll post more of the other cars I have.This is more than enough for now.LOL.

Reply #158
Vinnie..in one word: "awesome".

We gotta see more! :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #159
Thanks a lot.I'll post more tomorrow.......maybe.

Reply #160
Quote from: 84 Fila;116470

Anyone see this?

Just bought it 2 weeks ago :D
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #161
I onle see a red "X".What is the picture of?

Reply #162
Ebay item #250172250424 $16.45
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #163
Well, I guess it's about time for me to chime into this thread.
I built several models when I was younger, but most of them were either set of fire and somebody would sit on them.
I have two left that will not be sat upon.

One is your basic '87-'88 Turbo Coupe model. I didn't do a very good job on it, so I'll post just one picture.

However, the other is one that I think you guys will really like. I bought this die-cast model of a Mustang Boss back in 1994 or 1995, when they were actually new. I then cut out the back seat and installed a battery pack (4 AA) and installed a basic low-voltage toggle switch in the trunk panel.
I then found some "wheat grain" bulbs with varying wattages - one pair I deemed worthy of headlights, the other were just dim enough to act as parking lights in the taillights.
I cracked the whole thing open and modified all of the lights to accept these bulbs behind the plastic lenses. I then made shields out of aluminum foil to keep the light inside the mock housings.
You can see in the pictures that some light is bleeding out, as the glue has dried out over the past 12 years and things fell apart.
I wanted to find a way to make the fog lights work, but I forgot about it.
On the brighter side (pun intended), I've had to replace the batteries only once in the past decade or so.

Whaddaya think?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #164
Some more shots of the Mustang.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]