Skip to main content
Topic: The '80 XR-7... (Read 34771 times) previous topic - next topic

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #106
Screw photobucket....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #107
I screw Photobucket and they do me well.  Never do they balk at all my images.
One 88

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #108
Was working earlier....my sig and other files are on the same server....dunno...

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #109
Quote from: Chuck W;111046
Was working earlier....my sig and other files are on the same server....dunno...
Your server is fine. The source code for this page says that the pics are here: http://www.turbochuck.com/images/80%20XR-7/Bodywork. I can browse your image directory and even the folder 80 XR-7 but there is no bodywork folder in there.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #110
It was doing that to me last night.  I dunno.  I'll mess with it later.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #111
they're working fine today

that's a lot of rust. :D
1984 Thunderbird V8

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #112
There are some shenanigans on the server, because I loaded them all last night and could see the root at home, but can't see it  (or those pics) here at work.  All the rest are fine.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #113
Are they working now?

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #114
Quote from: Chuck W;111574
Are they working now?

Meh, nope.

I will say you've made some serious progress on the quick with that thing.  I tore my front susp. down about a week ago and it will probably remain untouched until I a.) Get brave enough to pull the front CA's off, b.) Start collecting parts.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #115
Grrr....

I can see them here on the laptop...but not on the PC......

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #116
OK..I think I've figured out the problem....it's a bug in FireFox w/ cpanel (my hosts management software...the pics should be there now after I uploaded them in IE)...check pg 10

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #117
There they are! That looks bad...but nothing you can't fix, Chuck!

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #118
Really the only bad spot are those small holes.  The rest is solid.  Whoever installed that windshield should be kicked in the jimmy.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #119
Well I had a little time to fiddle with the car a bit more over the weekend.  Not much, but a little. 

Got the steering column back up in place after swapping the pedal assy finally.  Ran into an issue with the other "old" steering wheel I have.  It looks like it's too deep to work well.  The stock wheel is kind of flat, but this other one (a 79-80 Capri wheel) has more dish and must be off a non-tilt car.  I'm pondering whether the steering column "head" can be swapped so I can use one of my later wheels. I'm planning on swapping to a later column when I swap to the manual trans, but that's not planned yet.  I have the old one from the 84 XR-7.

I pulled the headliner (all droopy) and in the process found more mouse poop....  I cleaned the old material and foam off and put it in the house for recovering.

Pulled the driver seat.  One of the inserts in the floor of the car for the front bolts is spinning so I can't loosen that bolt, so I'll have to cut that out.  The seat rails in the 80-82 are not like the 83-88.  they have the narrow spacing like the Mustangs.  The Recaros aren't going back in right away.  I have some others to use in the interim (SEAT).

I found another rust hole :(  It looks to be from the hole in the windshield frame.  Looks like water had been getting in there above the driver window.  Should be able to fix that easy though and it won't be seen.