Skip to main content
Topic: The '80 XR-7... (Read 34774 times) previous topic - next topic

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #135
Looking good :D

Well, despite the arctic tundra conditions here the past week or so,

Ah you've got that too. I was going to start the Bird and let it idle today so I could roll it down the drive way to move the trans/rear gears (I do that once a week for about 15 minutes) but it was too  cold. I was waiting for the EL today after school and I was at the platform for about a minute and my ears went numb. Thank god I had a stocking cap with me:hick: . It's been under 20* all week and this weekend we're supposed to have 9* highs in Chicago. Fun. All you people down south better appriciate the fact that 40* is a cold day for you:beatyoass: .
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #136
braver than i.

my garage its frozen and i havent gone out there in two weeks. if it would jus get above freezing, i can stand to work out there...
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #137
Well my garage is heated....but I can't always work in there.

Yeah, it got pretty cold as the sun was going down...but hell I have work to do! :p
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #138
Sheesh, I have been doing work on my truck the past week. and it has been in the negatives each time. oh and double negs with windchill.

Nice work by the way... love the fab work!
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #139
Quote from: xr7cat;127363
Sheesh, I have been doing work on my truck the past week. and it has been in the negatives each time. oh and double negs with windchill.

Nice work by the way... love the fab work!

Got to do what you got to do. i've been getting my car back  up for the last month and a half of freezing ass cold weather.when i started it the wekk before newyears i was wearing short sleeves
1986 Cougar LS

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #140
i would keep it,, a tarp is cheap if you can find an outdoor location to put it.  wrap it up comletely even the underside and then put a tarp over it.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #141
Quote from: jcassity;127369
i would keep it,, a tarp is cheap if you can find an outdoor location to put it.  wrap it up comletely even the underside and then put a tarp over it.

Well you obviously didn't read the entire thread :hick:.  I have decided to keep it and am working on it.  ;)

Speaking of that, I have found the flywheel I was looking for (for just the cost of shipping :hick:), so that's helpful. Once the weather starts to behave again I'll get it up in the air and get things swapped for the manual trans.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #142
at first i thought that thing was ugly, now im starting to like that thing it looks bad ass
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #143
Quote from: daboss351;127475
at first i thought that thing was ugly, now im starting to like that thing it looks bad ass

No, you're right...it IS ugly :D

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #144
its weird how GOOD that thing looks in that rear shot. its mainly the taillights i think. for some reason only once ive seen that pic that i now notice how close they are to the late model mustangs! seriously that rear shot for some reason makes me REALLY like that car.

same with the shot with those new wheels on it (whatever theyre from). changes the whole picture entirely. that body is in good shape, looks nice from the pics anyway!

youll get some attention in that thing for sure. especially with the sound of the 302. people wont be expecting that. especially some ricer after you blow him off the road.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #145
Well the 302 is short-lived for this car.. ;)  It runs, but it's nothing life-changing.

The body is not as nice as the pics show, but it's liveable.  Still looking for some parts....which are hard to find.

The wheels are 94-95 Cobra, like the ones on my '83.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #146
when i first saw the first pics of this car, i was thinking "why would he even breathe on that thing?"  but after i saw what you did with the undercarrage, the rest of the car doesnt do it justice.  its like a really nice box spring with a nasty matress. im not too much of a fan of the looks of the car, but i think when you get to the bodywork, with a good shine, i think it'll look real good.  being so boxy it does look mean!

(i still think you should get rid of the nasty roofrug.)

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #147
not sure much ugly as strange, not something you see every day, as a matter of fact i saw my FIRST box bird the other day, it was just sitting in a huge parking lot looked like it had been there a long time, i was surprised to see it, whats your motor plans, 351w, or maybe a little more radical such as a stroker 410w?
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #148
If ya think about who you be talkin to here... 351 is a no-no.

Its probably gonna have a 2.3 hell.. you never know..

Looks great Chuck.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #149
The car is a direct representation of Chucks personality.  Pretty ugly on the outside, but cool on the inside when you learn what it’s made of.
One 88