Skip to main content
Topic: New look for my TC (Read 3117 times) previous topic - next topic

New look for my TC

Ok, heres the deal. A friend of mine does custom graphics and complete car "wraps" for a living. Well, we were sitting around b.s.ing saturday and he asked if I would be interested in doing my TC for a big discount on the price. Normally he charges around 1500 to 2000 for a complete wrap depending on how big the car is. The only limit to the design is your imagination. He said all he wanted was his logo on the c pillar in exchange for the discount. He says all I have to pay for is materials and setup fee which is about 800 bucks. Well we whipped up a design for the bird and I want some opinions of it before I drop the cash for this.......
[/IMG]

p.s. the top is going to be an aircraft look with rivets.
TC#1- 2.5T- 10.14@134....9.76@138 with a 50shot
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

New look for my TC

Reply #1
I prefer the cleaner look. The design takes away from the car in my opinion. It does look kinda cool though. Maybe you should just do the aircraft bit on the top half of the car, you know just above the door line below the windows. The only part I like is the C-pillar area.

New look for my TC

Reply #2
It is kinda "loud" isn't it lol. I want to do something as the paint has faded to an almost flat black and this would be cheaper than a paint job. I like the aircraft look too but it would need to be on the whole car to look ok I think.
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

New look for my TC

Reply #3
Quote from: yellow86coogr
Maybe you should just do the aircraft bit on the top half of the car, you know just above the door line below the windows. The only part I like is the C-pillar area.

:iagree:

i love the look of the aircraft as well, mabey you could figure out a cleaner look for the lower areas of the car, mabey a faded two tone with the aircraft look on the top.
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

New look for my TC

Reply #4
Quote from: turbo88
:iagree:

i love the look of the aircraft as well, mabey you could figure out a cleaner look for the lower areas of the car, mabey a faded two tone with the aircraft look on the top.

Are you suggesting aircraft look on top fading to black on the bottom? Mmmmmm sounds interesting.....
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

New look for my TC

Reply #5
well, I gotta hit the sack-early day tommorrow- keep the opinions coming and I'll check back. Later.
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

New look for my TC

Reply #7
Honestly, i think it looks terrible.
It's Gumby's fault.

New look for my TC

Reply #8
Quote from: Tbird232ci
Honestly, i think it looks terrible.

What he said.

New look for my TC

Reply #9
Well does anyone else have any suggestions for a custom design? Remember this is only limited by imagination.
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

New look for my TC

Reply #10
yeah, ive always wanted to see a turbo coupe done up like the "super stallion"
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

New look for my TC

Reply #11
if you want the plane look up top then how bout doing panel that line up witheach other and the rivet blend better.and maybe a design or sphere shape stripe on the hood and if you extend the yellom line from the rear and keep that fall but strech it out a little longer to were it who line up with the bottom of the fender in front of the front tire and make it red blue orange black anycolor or that mirror chrome stuff ( or you could use that for the top half) with a thin pinstipping separating the two colors and make the bottom asolid color like blue with the blue oval shadowed or ghosted more or less in the back of it.
if you followed that at all what do you think? i was just thinkin and typin so though process on wording isnt great but i can explain more if needed
1986 Cougar LS

New look for my TC

Reply #12
-why not do a slick looking paint job on one????
maybe a fade or stripes, etc....
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

New look for my TC

Reply #13
Or you could just smear pig poop all over the car and get the same effect as that "body wrap".....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

New look for my TC

Reply #14
Quote from: Chuck W
Or you could just smear pig poop all over the car and get the same effect as that "body wrap".....

Pig poop? Not a big fan of body wraps regardless of design I take it?:flame:
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car